The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dread eating because every time I eat, not necessarily over-eat, I get the "sleepies" and have to take a nap. I've tried eating leafy-green veges only, oatmeal, it doesn't matter what I eat, I get the sleepies.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I dread eating because every time I eat, not necessarily over-eat, I get the "sleepies" and have to take a nap. I've tried eating leafy-green veges only, oatmeal, it doesn't matter what I eat, I get the sleepies.
Have you checked your blood sugar when that happens? Often high blood sugar can cause you to be sleepy after eating. Tell us something about your diabetes. What do you do to control it? Oatmeal is very carby by the way...I cant eat it, sends my blood glucose into orbit :)

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Agreed, high BS will make you sleepy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi lil'bit! I was wondering if you ever had a sleep study done. It probably is not the cause of your problem, but people with excessive sleepiness often suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnea.

-- Buddy

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I almost always get sleepy when I have low bg. I don't have high bg very often but I don't think I get tired from high bg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts