The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I have a good friend from Romania, and she showed me this videoclip about her country, A world without Romania. Quite a neat movie. In the clip they state that the true inventor of insulin was Nicolae Paunescu, a Romanian scientist who discovered it in 1916...before Banting and the other Canadian who got the Nobel Prize for it.
I personally believe it and I hate when such things happen...when others get credit for someone's work.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Thanks Rebecca, I had read about this and the work done in Germany too. i agree that Paunescu should have been given recognition for his discovery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Romanian video

Hey so I have a good friend from Romania, and she showed me this videoclip about her country, A world without Romania. Quite a neat movie. In the clip they state that the true inventor of insulin was Nicolae Paunescu, a Romanian scientist who discovered it in 1916...before Banting and the other Canadian who got the Nobel Prize for it.
I personally believe it and I hate when such things happen...when others get credit for someone's work.
If he invented it then he should get credit, but how accurate is it, for example the american made video has gotten a fact about big ben being a clock, it isnt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts