The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is theresa as the topic said I know i am a diabetic and have been denying I now put the words to myself and am going to try to live better I love to eat carbs oh my but I know my body does not accept them well I take glucophage tabs twice a day and I started to exercise depression kicked in and I stopped execising and eating wat ever I wanted now I .am suffering from a yeast infection I hope that is not to much info I am sorry but I will try again

G

·
Welcome to the Diabetes Forum, Theresa. You are going through a bad patch, aren't you?

But you've taken the most important step by acknowledging that you are a diabetic and it's for life.

Can your doctor help you with your depression? We can support your efforts to change your diet by cheering you on every time you have some small or large success to report. :)

And posting your fasting bs every day is a good way to keep you on the straight and narrow... It certainly works for me.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
:) Hi Theresa, welcome to the forum. I think when a lot of us were dx'd we went through a period of denial or depression. We didn't really know what we were dealing with and had a lot of misconceptions about the disease. What really helped me was to educate myself about Diabetes. I started on a quest to find out as much as I could about Type 2 Diabetes. At first this just added to my confusion because I read so many conflicting books and articles. But eventually it started to make sense. I think one of the best books I read was Dr Bernstein's, Diabetes Solutions. I actually went through it with a hilighter and read it many times. Everytime I reread it I find something new. He actually teaches you what Diabetes does to your body. He believes in totally managing your diabetes. He has you take your bgs tons of times during the day to figure out what your bg pattern is. He believes in lots of record keeping. You then take all these results and figure out timing and what best meds or insulins work for you. Another good website that has really helped is
Blood Sugar 101 Those two resources should really help you in your first few months of diabetes. As far as the Metformin, if it upsets your stomach ask your doctor for the Extended version. Metformin should take 3-4 weeks or so to get used to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts