The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think lots of people on online forums have had similar success with lower carb lifestyle way of eating. The key word here is life style way of eating. I only took off close to 80 pounds but it took much longer to do it.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
they also dont mention a time frame. 17 years to lose the weight?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Okay, so I know most here on the forum have lost weight with the LC/HF WOE, but exactly how long did it take you? Not that I'm looking for miracle weight loss here (I consider myself pretty lucky that I have managed NOT to gain a bunch of weight with the insulin), however, I sometimes (a lot of time actually) feel rather discouraged because I still have difficulty sometimes controlling my bg's and I've really given up all of the "bad" carbs, and really watch the "good" carbs I eat so that I'm eating as little of them that I can. I feel like I still have a "wheat belly" even though I'm eating very healthy, watching my intake, and my protein/carb/fat ratio. And right now, even though my bg shortly more than an hour after dinner was 113, my stomach is making the most horrendous noises! I have also noticed that when I kind of give in and eat a carby item (that I wouldn't normally choose), my bg's might be better than if I hadn't eaten it? Does that make sense? For instance, I ate a blueberry bagel with full fat cream cheese for breakfast yesterday morning, went directly outside and worked for about 3-1/2 hours in the yard, and came in to eat some lunch, checked my bg and it was 79! Wow! I chose not to take any insulin, had a low carb multi-grain wrap with guacamole, chicken breast lunch meat, and american cheese. Checked my bg two hours later...129! Not too bad without any insulin! But yet I can not eat anything carby, go to bed with a great number, and wake up with a 266! WTH? No rhyme or reason sometimes. Can anyone explain this to me? It sometimes makes it really difficult to manage.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I have also noticed that when I kind of give in and eat a carby item (that I wouldn't normally choose), my bg's might be better than if I hadn't eaten it? Does that make sense? For instance, I ate a blueberry bagel with full fat cream cheese for breakfast yesterday morning, went directly outside and worked for about 3-1/2 hours in the yard, and came in to eat some lunch, checked my bg and it was 79!
I wonder how much of that was due to the working in the yard? Exercise really affects my bg. Also, eating something high fat like cream cheese with carbs seems to blunt the effect a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts