The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How did you know that I was thinking about something my wife has made called sticky buns

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
It could be because I've made a similar thing for my husband and two sons (when they were younger and living at home). My husband's Mother gave me her recipe years ago. She made the best doggone tasting bread I've ever tasted in my life! She made her "sticky" buns with cinnamon, raisins and cream cheese frosting (sometimes she sprinkled pecans on top). Reckon that would be at least 45 carbs apiece if I were to indulge in that now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I do have a continuous glucose monitour but I still need to check it every every 30 minutes. I can drop 100 points in 30 minutes when I ride and no continuus monitour will keep up at that rapid of change so finger pokes are the best option in this case.
They have me testing 7-8 times a day. Does that seem like alot?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Adijtator.. LOL Just saw you are from Clear Lake, Iowa. Me too!! Just found this forum last night and LOVE it and all the positive feedback!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
No 7 to 8 times a day is preatty normal. Do you go to the Diabetes Center on Eisenhower.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts