The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know which is more crazy, this or the guy who believes you can cure Diabetes with worms.

Researchers at Louisiana State University say sweets are good for children and may stop them from getting fat in later life

·
Registered
460 Posts
The data showed that children who ate sweets were 22 per cent less likely to be overweight or obese than those who did not.
They found children who did not eat sweets? Now that is worthy of study!

The researchers concluded that the reason for the surprising finding was that those who ate sweets were able to ‘successfully navigate the calories in, calories out balance’ in their lives.
What does that even mean??? :flypig:

G

·
perhaps they've noticed how hyped kids get after eating sugar... that's the ‘successfully navigate the calories in, calories out balance’ bit. lol.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Alas, 'tis true . . . ADA Claims Sugar Has Nothing to Do With Diabetes sayeth Richard Kahn, the chief scientific and medical officer of ADA.
Shanny, had my final diabetes class last week (thank god!) and when I filled out the feedback form, I put exactly this quote under the question asking me if I felt the program helped me. The instructor - an ADA devotee - read it and gave me the dirtiest look :D This is the same chick who first agreed with me that every moment over 140 is doing damage to the body, then she tells the class that 180 is "perfectly normal". :rolleyes: Shoulda seen her face when I balled up my "certificate of completion" and tossed it in the trash can.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shanny, had my final diabetes class last week (thank god!) and when I filled out the feedback form, I put exactly this quote under the question asking me if I felt the program helped me. The instructor - an ADA devotee - read it and gave me the dirtiest look :D This is the same chick who first agreed with me that every moment over 140 is doing damage to the body, then she tells the class that 180 is "perfectly normal". :rolleyes: Shoulda seen her face when I balled up my "certificate of completion" and tossed it in the trash can.
When you get your next A1c, you could mail her a copy. :eek:

·
Registered
741 Posts
lol yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She actually told me I was gonna die young from eating sausage and eggs every morning for breakfast. :D
Dh's grandparents had sausage and eggs or bacon and eggs, biscuits made with lard and gravy made with sausage or bacon grease... every morning since they were old enough to eat solid food, and they both died in their mid 90's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts