Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Started Low carb diet 6 weeks ago & on Metformin 2000mg each day,
Hba1c 14, Now 6 weeks later Hba1c 9.

Have lost 10 cm (4 inches) off my waist, But only 2 Kilo weight loss,
Im so happy, I feel the best in a long time,

Only problem is my feet,in the evenings sort of pain/annoying feelings, cant get comfortable, hope this will improve any ideas?

Thankyou so much.........

·
Registered
61 Posts

Have lost 10 cm (4 inches) off my waist,

Only problem is my feet,in the evenings sort of pain/annoying feelings, cant get comfortable, hope this will improve any ideas?
Yes, low carb really does work. Congratulations on your weight and inches lost and your A1c. With an A1c of 9, you still have a way to go, but your progress is going great.

When you have diabetes, if your bg is too high, you can get Neuropothy, which is nerve damage. It usually feels like a tingling in the feet and/or legs, as if they are falling asleep. Getting your bg down and keeping it down could solve the problem, but then again it might not. There are tests that can be done that can tell you what is causing the feet problem. It is best to keep your doctor informed about things like this. Some of us get a lot of relief from pain and discomfort in our legs and feet by wearing support hose. If you decide to go that route, I recommend 'mild' as opposed to medium or firm.

Keep up the good work.

Froggy

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Pretty fantastic for 6 weeks - wow. Your average over the last 6 weeks has been dang awesome for your 3-mo average to fall like that.

Way to hum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts