The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, please take time to read this blog by Lee Dubois and what Medicare is doing to us and the Medical insurance will follow lock-step.
If you are on blood pressure meds, you may want to read after taking them. Lee's blog is here - LifeAfterDx--CGM Chronicles: The new Minutemen and a completely different kind of Tea Party .

He has a phone number to call which I have done and while the wait was several minutes, I was heard. Also you may want to consider the email route by finding your US senators here - US Senators Email Addresses .

I have also blogged about this on both of mine as this is important. Doctors will no longer be able to get variances to Medicare and probably not from the medical insurance industry either.

Thank you

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'm 5 years away from Medicare but thought it would get better, not worse. Now I have to pay 100% of my strips because we are on a high deductible HSA. So I am forced to purchase strips on the internet. My doctor believes T 2's don't need to test more than a couple times a week. If I did that I would not have the level of control I have now. What I don't understand is that it must cost a couple of cents to produce a strip and they sell them for $1.15. They are ripping us off. They came out this week and revoked the FDA approval for Avastin in late stage cancer patients. Pretty soon many expensive drugs may be on the chopping blocks. Currently I just use cheap metformin but if my diabetes progresses I would like to have the option of using an insulin pump someday if they are still allowed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts