The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Just filling in with progress after 3 months on Metformin 2 grams each evening, and low carb diet,
the weight has dropped off, now 100kgs hav'ant been that since 14 yrs old, getting on with diet pretty well, not really missing carb food,except when eating out, Im a bit fed up with salads
Lots of symptoms now a lot better, still have painful feet but not as much as before, all the stomach cramps have gone, and sleeping better
the real problem is excercise I still hate it, and try to ignore what I have to do, work on that I guess!!
Thanks to this forum for all your posts which keep me on the right road
love you all
Duran

G

·
You're doing really well, Dura, congrats!

Are you close enough to the beach to walk there early in the morning before work? I was up at Coolum the week before last, and there was an enormous amount of sand on the beach. I was able to choose between the soft sand (really hard work!), the hard sand, and walking in the water. There's always something to see and smell, and the surf is ever-changing, so it's hard to get bored. And you feel wonderful when the endorphins kick in. :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Dura good job on your weight. I have just reached under 200 lbs it feels great.

By the way have you got your tests done ?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Congrats of your success. As far as the exercise find an activity you love to do. Get a i-pod and load it with your favorite tunes. I find the music really helps me forget that I am exercising. There are also tons of DVD's you can get at the library or buy that help you exercise. I also keep weights next to the TV. On commercials I will do a couple sets of bicep curls, tricep, or rows. Those little bits do add up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts