The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p

Two of my kids have it, my throat was a little sore, yesterday, but today, NOTHING! Yay, me.

Hoping to keep it up ... I attribute it to HFLC and restored Vit D levels.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I seem to have a constant mild cold. So I don't know if the LC/HF helps me in that way. I've been taking extra vit D and zinc, too. I just bought one of those Nettie Pots and am going to start using it on a regular basis.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
That should help tremendously, Jeanne. I use Ayr's Nasal Rinse and it works like a charm. (Knocking wood) I haven't had a cold in 4 years or so after i started using it. Until then, 3-6 sinus infections per year, most leading to bronchitis and antibiotics finally.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neti pots are great and so are the positive-pressure bottles. I use them when I get sick.

Funny, can't get the kids to do it .....

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My year round symptoms are from allergic rhinitis, but thankfully it's subsided some this last year. I still get stuffy & still have post-nasal drip & the subsequent throat-clearing - even occasional scratchy throat, but have not had to use decongestant of any kind in nearly a year.

Before I retired, the winters were a constant battle of colds/bronchitis/coughing, but since I'm no longer exposed day in & day out, no more infections. There are definitely benefits to being hermits! :D

Do you think most kids have a thing about getting water up their noses? =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts