The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I want to share a time saver that may already be listed here but maybe you missed it. This involves the potato replacement using cauliflower. If you are handicapped like me and find it difficult to prepare things or are a busy gal or guy returning home from work and want a good replacement for mashed potatoes but are too tired to fix it, here is your answer.

My husband found these either at our Wal-Mart super store or Publix (a southern store like Hi-Vee or Safeway that carry more options including organic foods.) It is already prepared cauliflower, mashed and ready for heating in the microwave or a conventional oven. I had the plain ones last night and added real bacon bits, butter and Mozzarella cheese after it came out of the microwave. Delicious!

He also got another one made by Green Giant which is frozen also but has cheddar cheese and bacon added. It is only 6 grams of carbs per serving. He also got me some regular cauliflower to fix any way I wanted. They are really tasty and quick so I wanted to share in case someone missed them. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like a delicious replacement, don't tell to many people though it may become popular. I have also been to safeway even though they are pretty price with the cheese, although they have a good selection, I agree Mozzarella tastes amazing after it has been melted for a while. I like the quick servings area with mixed salads, I usually get this after work when I am in a rush.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts