The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
I've never heard of Tension Tamer. Like you, I fall asleep easily and quickly. However, I have trouble staying asleep. Thanks, I may have to try this!
I have mine a couple of hours before bed, so I am quite ready for bed when I go in. I have been habitually reading before falling asleep and I find that on the nights I don't, I do sleep much better. I've stopped checking email and my forums before bed, too. I'm a TV fan, so I'm usually Netflixin' for a few hours, and then a hot shower followed by bed. Stay away from screens at bedtime. I use my phone to keep tabs on my sleep + Apple Watch, and those screens too, may actually be disruptive to sleep. I'll be disappointed if so, its an expensive mistake. May have to revert to a basic fitbit.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I have mine a couple of hours before bed, so I am quite ready for bed when I go in. I have been habitually reading before falling asleep and I find that on the nights I don't, I do sleep much better. I've stopped checking email and my forums before bed, too. I'm a TV fan, so I'm usually Netflixin' for a few hours, and then a hot shower followed by bed. Stay away from screens at bedtime. I use my phone to keep tabs on my sleep + Apple Watch, and those screens too, may actually be disruptive to sleep. I'll be disappointed if so, its an expensive mistake. May have to revert to a basic fitbit.
I found the Tension Tamer at Kroger.
You're so right about the screens. I have a fitbit that tracks sleep--I don't get enough. The fitbit doesn't seem to be disruptive. That would be awful!

·
Registered
790 Posts
After all my protestations, I had a crap night last night and could not work it out until I remembered that although I had prepped my TT tea... I forgot to have it. So at 2am there I was, reheating it in the microwave oven and taking 2 panadol osteo which I had also forgotten to have at dinner time. Such a dope I am.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've always had a standard mattress, but Macys had a really good sale on memory foam mattresses last year, so I bought one. It's helped my back a great deal, but not my sleep.

I've bought new pillows and thats no help either.

I sometimes end up falling asleep on the weekends, but I wake up sick and nauseous as I always do after a nap. Otherwise, I cant take naps because Im at work.

·
Registered
619 Posts
sleep apnea is potentially good news because it is treatable with a machine. unfortunately, almost 80% people are not compliants with therapy within 6 months of treatment. the comfort of the mask is not good.

i've been 100% compliant for 18 years. it is un comfortable but if I don't use it I stop breathing 120 times per hour which is pretty severe so I use it even though it is uncomfortable
im curious if you have tested it regularly to see if there is any improvement as your diabetes gets better under control
i got sleep apnea, then I got diabeties. Most respiratory therapists are pretty comfortable saying that you will get diabetes if you have sleep apnea. the rate is somewhere around 60%

·
Registered
283 Posts
i got sleep apnea, then I got diabeties. Most respiratory therapists are pretty comfortable saying that you will get diabetes if you have sleep apnea. the rate is somewhere around 60%

REALLY?????

I've NEVER heard of that. I will have to check that out. I wonder why that is.

Everybody in my family has some form of sleep apnea, and it just gets worse the older you get.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I stopped when I got to Idiopathic, which loosely means, they don't know what is causing it. Ah yes, they don't know, so they give it a nomenclature, that you have to look up.

I am having a lot of mixed feelings right now: on one hand, doctors tend to be consummate professionals; but on the other hand, they tend to hide their nescience [ignorance], by an assumed air of knowing. UM, nope, I ain't buying it.

And fatigue is so prevalent in people, that it is blown off. OK, I can live with that; but I think that doctors are knocked down a peg or two, by the inability to solve fatigue issues.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I stopped when I got to Idiopathic, which loosely means, they don't know what is causing it. Ah yes, they don't know, so they give it a nomenclature, that you have to look up.

I am having a lot of mixed feelings right now: on one hand, doctors tend to be consummate professionals; but on the other hand, they tend to hide their nescience [ignorance], by an assumed air of knowing. UM, nope, I ain't buying it.

And fatigue is so prevalent in people, that it is blown off. OK, I can live with that; but I think that doctors are knocked down a peg or two, by the inability to solve fatigue issues.

Maybe the Dr.s are just too tired to concentrate.

:vs_laugh::vs_laugh::vs_laugh::vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm still tired and drained all the time. Have been now for going on 2-3 years. I don't know whats causing it, and the Dr.s don't seem to be interested. So, not much I can do about it if the Dr.s aren't interested.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Reactions: Chaidragonfire

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I take it this is in line with The Charlie Brown Theorem?

:vs_laugh::wink2:
Very Good! See Below:
There is Lucy, and she has suckered Charlie Brown again-- who would have guessed it? And yes, the doctors are Charlie Brown in ways.
They never learn some simple things; and I think that they may be unteachable.
lucy-football.jpg
Block Head Syndrome is analogous to Charlie Brown Syndrome; and that is my point here. Read this O Ye Diabetic Sages, and learn.:devil:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, I went to the new doctor I found close to me, and he gave me a physical and did some blood work......he say's "It all looks good, nothing out of the ordinary".

UGH!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is this the same doctor who said you could eat chips and dip without issue if you just ate some salad first? Asking for a friend who really likes that advice...:smile2:
No........brand new Dr., not even in the same part of the city.

This new Dr. is very old fashioned and does a LOT of bloodwork. I'm surprised I have any left.

But I've been naughty and eating some chips and dip the past two weeks, and my blood sugar count has not been over 150. But thats just me.

As I've learned during my time of being diabetic, you CAN cheat.......IF you know how!!!!!

:wink2:

41 - 56 of 56 Posts