235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's Reading:

Fasting Sugar: 7
Before lunch: 5.7
Before dinner: 5.7
After Dinner: 6.9
Going to bed soon: 4.6

Hmm.. Is 4.6 a bit low esp going to bed?

Type 2 here on Orals Meds. Metformin.

PS: dont need hypos during the night lol... I know I wont but somehow when my BGs drops below 4, i do get it esp Im using to high BGs like 11.7 when tested..

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
4.6 (~83) is a PERFECT normal blood sugar number. Personally, I'm a bigger fan of 73 (4.0) and feel like a party when I see that number, but 83 is perfect! Since you don't appear to be taking insulin or any glucose-lowering drugs, there is absolutely no cause for concern at this number or even 10 points below that. Enjoy it while you have it!

If you aren't pleased with that number, pass it over here!

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4.6 (~83) is a PERFECT normal blood sugar number. Personally, I'm a bigger fan of 73 (4.0) and feel like a party when I see that number, but 83 is perfect! Since you don't appear to be taking insulin or any glucose-lowering drugs, there is absolutely no cause for concern at this number or even 10 points below that. Enjoy it while you have it!

If you aren't pleased with that number, pass it over here!

Thanks Smorgan.. And guess what???

Woke up this morning at 6.2????? havent had anything last night till this morning..

More or lesss I guess it was my liver dumping glucose!!!! Had seeing morning Bg's over 6!! LOL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks Smorgan.. And guess what???

Woke up this morning at 6.2????? havent had anything last night till this morning..

More or lesss I guess it was my liver dumping glucose!!!! Had seeing morning Bg's over 6!! LOL
My liver plays that kind of tricks on me too. Silly liver! :brick:

4.6 is a good number. I'm also T2 on oral meds and I find I don't have hypos. If I'm low during the night I'll simply wake up with a headache but it rarely happens.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
The reason we as diabetics have to deal with DP (dawn phenomenon) is due to the fact that it is a survival mechanism that is automatic with our livers. If our bg's drop low during the sleep cycle, our liver dumps that glucose to raise our bg's so we have enough energy to wake up. However, in most people this is not a problem because their pancreas will put out enough insulin to level it off. With us being diabetic, our whole problem has to do with the insulin...either not enough, or being insulin resistant or insulin deficient. Therefore that liver dump raises our blood glucose level too high and wala! we awake with a high fbg number. I have a terrible time with DP, and no matter what I do I still have high's in the AM. But, at least my high's are lower than they used to be, and I usually manage to keep them under 200, where as before they were between 300-400! Still working on it, but if I don't ever get them below 150 I'm not going to fret over it because my other numbers throughout the day and evening have drastically improved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts