The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not really going to be on Mystery Diagnosis but feel like I need to be or on a episode of House. Anyway, I collected my urine for 24 hrs again and this time, it was completely negative. So Tuesday and Wednesday night I collected my saliva at 11:00 pm :spit:and mailed it to a special lab in Wisconsin. It will take about a week for those results. I will let you know what happens after that. I feel like a lab rat but I am in much better spirits! God is in control, not me! :amen:

Reactions: Shanny and foxl

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May your humours lead you down the right path!

I have a coworker who pees in the hat for 24 hr about once a year ...
I remind myself every day that you have a coworker who survived this! I don't know anyone with Cushing's. You are my only connection ;)

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I hold her up as a success story a lot!

I also know the wife of a person on another forum who had Cushing's dz and had a very successful surgery, though ... I think it is more common than epidemiology studies really indicate?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts

I also know the wife of a person on another forum who had Cushing's dz and had a very successful surgery, though ... I think it is more common than epidemiology studies really indicate?
I've lost touch with Keith - so is she doing fine now? Gets to go snowboarding this winter?! :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Keep the success stories coming! I look at the Cushing's Help forum and these people have no success stories. Miserable, miserable people. They have me scared to death.....................

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cushings is most times curable. It is most commonly caused by a benign pituitary tumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes
Yep, my blood work indicates my pituitary gland but my MRI was negative. Hence the reason for more testing!!!! If my salivary cortisol is high I am assuming I go for the dreaded IPSS where the go in through my groin to my pituitary gland and take a peek at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts