The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tested before lunch and my blood was 3.9 or 70, is taht bad?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello PC - I wouldn't consider 70 BG as "bad". It would bear watching, my body 'informs' me at ~65 that something isn't quite right.
Hopefully by now you've eaten and your value has increased. While not everyday, at times I use a snack (string cheese) and that works quite well. Keep tabs on your mid-day BG for a few days, been through some low BG and it certainly is no fun...
Good Luck.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LarryT,

Thank you, that does help. I have a snack everyday, I had crackers and hummus at 930am and at 1145 I was that low. It was about 30g of carbs too.

The only feeling I felt was starving.
That is the lowest I have ever been. I'm good now though, just concerned is all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Personally that would be borderline for me. I generally don't feel my lows until they are about 3.5 or lower. The lowest I have had was 1.9 and highest was 33.6!!! I was taken to the hospital on both occassions.

·
Registered
322 Posts
70 would be the lowest that i would want to go. but i dont normally make it below the 90's so not much worry.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I'd have a snack at 70. But since I tend more toward spikes than crashes, the snack would probably be something like cheese, or pork rinds, or nuts in moderation. Not glucose tabs or anything sugary; I save that for 60 and below, and check every 15 minutes after eating to make sure BGLs are doing up, but not spiking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts