Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Too low?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Shalynne 
#1 ·
I just tested before lunch and my blood was 3.9 or 70, is taht bad?

#3 ·
Hello PC - I wouldn't consider 70 BG as "bad". It would bear watching, my body 'informs' me at ~65 that something isn't quite right.
Hopefully by now you've eaten and your value has increased. While not everyday, at times I use a snack (string cheese) and that works quite well. Keep tabs on your mid-day BG for a few days, been through some low BG and it certainly is no fun...
Good Luck.

#4 ·
LarryT,

Thank you, that does help. I have a snack everyday, I had crackers and hummus at 930am and at 1145 I was that low. It was about 30g of carbs too.

The only feeling I felt was starving.
That is the lowest I have ever been. I'm good now though, just concerned is all.

#5 ·
Personally that would be borderline for me. I generally don't feel my lows until they are about 3.5 or lower. The lowest I have had was 1.9 and highest was 33.6!!! I was taken to the hospital on both occassions.

#6 ·
70 would be the lowest that i would want to go. but i dont normally make it below the 90's so not much worry.

#7 ·
I'd have a snack at 70. But since I tend more toward spikes than crashes, the snack would probably be something like cheese, or pork rinds, or nuts in moderation. Not glucose tabs or anything sugary; I save that for 60 and below, and check every 15 minutes after eating to make sure BGLs are doing up, but not spiking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.