The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, not to brag or anything, but I AM pleased with how much I've accomplished in such little time... and it's thanks mostly to this site and the information and support I've found here ...

So I thought I'd toot my own horn.

When I was tested in mid-December I had a fasting BG of 14.8. I was an a1C of 12.1% on January 4th when my Dr. confirmed I was most definitely diabetic.

I started eating better after the news on December 19th, and by January 8th I'd reduced it considerably:

From this post, Jan 9th::

beefy said:
Yesterday's readings:

Fasting: 10.9
1Hr Post Breakfast (didn't test)
2Hr Post Breakfast 11.1
1Hr Post Lunch (didn't test)
2Hr Post Lunch 10.9
1Hr Post Supper 11.2
2Hr Post Supper 15.6 (reading about 40 mins or so after fudge)
1Hr Post Snack 9.4
2Hr Post Snack 8.8
It is now exactly two weeks after those readings, and today I was:

Fasting: 7.3
2Hr Post Breakfast 6.6
2Hr Post Lunch 7.3
2Hr Post Supper 6.4

Those are substantially better numbers. My hope is to get them even BETTER!

The overall goal now: The A1c 5% club... Here I come!

Thank you to EVERYONE here at :hail: diabetesforum.com ... I've found so much information, support and advice that's helped me come this far.

Initially I was very depressed with this diagnoses. I won't lie, I still am... but now I see it CAN be overcome.

So thanks everyone... and YAY ME! :clap2:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good work, AB . . . it can absolutely be managed. I think in sharing our experiences here, we help others to avoid some of the pitfalls too . . . so toot your horn, blow off steam, let down your hair. We're your diabetes family & we're all in this for the long haul! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
OK, not to brag or anything, but I AM pleased with how much I've accomplished in such little time... and it's thanks mostly to this site and the information and support I've found here ...

So I thought I'd toot my own horn.

When I was tested in mid-December I had a fasting BG of 14.8. I was an a1C of 12.1% on January 4th when my Dr. confirmed I was most definitely diabetic.

I started eating better after the news on December 19th, and by January 8th I'd reduced it considerably:

From this post, Jan 9th::

It is now exactly two weeks after those readings, and today I was:

Fasting: 7.3
2Hr Post Breakfast 6.6
2Hr Post Lunch 7.3
2Hr Post Supper 6.4

Those are substantially better numbers. My hope is to get them even BETTER!

The overall goal now: The A1c 5% club... Here I come!

Thank you to EVERYONE here at :hail: diabetesforum.com ... I've found so much information, support and advice that's helped me come this far.

Initially I was very depressed with this diagnoses. I won't lie, I still am... but now I see it CAN be overcome.

So thanks everyone... and YAY ME! :clap2:
YAY FOR BEEFY...GO BEEFY :whoo::horn:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Toot away, you've earned the right. This shows that with a little tweaking of diet and some medication or insulin, management is possible. It takes a little willpower and a willingness to change bad habits, but it is doable as you have shown.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!! This is exactly what we want to happen around here. We want to encourage people that are struggling and celebrate with people that are succeeding. Thanks for the pick-me-up today.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was also nice to have my first-ever post-meal/post-exercise numbers in the 5's ... Sooo nice to see.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Was also nice to have my first-ever post-meal/post-exercise numbers in the 5's ... Sooo nice to see.
I can distinctly remember the first time I got a post dinner reading under 100. I ate a steak, salad and fresh vegies at Outback Steakhouse 4 days after I was diagnosed. I didn't believe the number so I tested 3 times to confirm it. I was absolutely elated.
CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the good work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts