The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's probably a thread on here about it.. can someone point me in the right direction??

I've got so many numbers coming out of my head....Drs are diff to diabetes assoc which are different to several sets I've found on the net...

When I was first diagnosed my numbers were 9-12......and now that I've switched to low carb and exercise I'm hitting no higher than 7 after meals (usually 6.8) and between 5.6 and 6.4 in the mornings...

But are these still too high?? Ahhh my poor brain!!!!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My target is 4.4 - 7.2 (80-130), and I was even hitting it regularly a year ago. Now that I'm struggling more, it's tempting to adjust the goal, but I refuse to concede. My last A1c was my lowest yet, so I'm hanging in there, even with messy numbers. :eek:

I know there's probably a thread on here about it.. can someone point me in the right direction??

I've got so many numbers coming out of my head....Drs are diff to diabetes assoc which are different to several sets I've found on the net...

When I was first diagnosed my numbers were 9-12......and now that I've switched to low carb and exercise I'm hitting no higher than 7 after meals (usually 6.8) and between 5.6 and 6.4 in the mornings...

·
Registered
741 Posts

they look fine...you don't hypo...you exercise...you're living a balanced life....I think stressing too much by striving for perfection is not productive...you don't need it...also um you are female...there are many hormones which affect you BSL...your goal is fine...relax :)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Most doctors assume D's will not have good control so their bg goals tend to be higher than necessary. Personally I try to keep mine as close to normal people as possible. Because of DP that is hard in the morning, but I try. I try to keep my morning bgs under 100 ( 5.5). After meal numbers will vary depending what I eat. At 2 hours I like to be 100-115 (5.5 - 6.3) This is what works for me to keep my HbA1c under 6.0.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts