The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm going into hospital hopefully tomorrow as so many diabetes problems, ive already posted im on Abasaglar, its not working for me, so I thought of maybe asking about toujeo as its once a day, as I can't go on like this, as I said before I was on levemir but that didn't last, even with 2 shots, then Abasaglar which I'm on now, and its peaks after 6 hours and makes levels low, at night , as on 2 shots, and one shot wouldn't last 24 hrs, anyone know about toujeo, it says flat profile, thats what I need, as no matter how I try i can't get dose and timing right with Abasaglar, I'm either high or low, nothing in between, I was on tresiba for short time, but made me very unwell can anyone give me there views on this, thank you lovely people.

·
Super Moderator
1,940 Posts
Hmm. Toujeo is a brand of long-acting insulin, as is Abasaglar and Lantus. In fact, they're all considered insulin glargine. However, there are slightly different formulations and other ingredients in the injection, so your clinic may be trying that to see if it works better for you.

One way to think of this is like fuel for your car, which usually comes out of one or two terminals in your geographic area but is loaded onto the tanker trucks with different additives for different purposes (detergent, etc.). This might be the version of long-lasting insulin that works for you, though you probably won't know it for a few days. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
9,724 Posts
Levemir and Abasaglar both are 100 units of insulin per mL. Toujeo is 300 units of insulin per mL So theoretically you should only need 1/3 of the amount of Toujeo as the Abasaglar.

Hopefully the hospital team will figure out what's going on and what's needed to correct it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Levemir and Abasaglar both are 100 units of insulin per mL. Toujeo is 300 units of insulin per mL So theoretically you should only need 1/3 of the amount of Toujeo as the Abasaglar.

Hopefully the hospital team will figure out what's going on and what's needed to correct it.
I hope so as had enough of this now, thanks for reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts