The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions on travel bags. I have been looking around to find the best one.

I am traveling next month to Florida and it will be my first time transporting insulin. I have read several stories on how the insulin can leak if it's an open pen - I was hoping to just bring my open one for a week and not worry about the cooling, but I don't think I'll be able to get away with that. Then I thought having the a new script, but it's only a week an that would be a money waste.

I found a travel bag that is compact and before I order it, I thought I better get some advice. This bag says it will keep cool for 8 hours, which makes me a little weary.

What are your tricks for travel and a good travel bag?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think the bags are called Frio and they come in all sizes. Florida can be quite hot this time of year so I would think it would be wise to have a cooling bag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Friends...

Yeah Jwag you are right, these bags are called by the name "Frio"...You can get these bags easily in the malls and the showrooms too...Also you can get it online...I am using such kind of bag in summers to keep my water bottle cool from the last 5 years..

Justin Loe.

------------------

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, just looked up "Frio" and there are a better selection then the one I was looking at. It was called a travel wallet, but only cooled for 8 hours. Some of the Frio ones I am looking at say 45 hours, much better, will ease my mind. I could always put the ice cube tray in there too (kidding)!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello Friends...
Yeah Jwag you are right, these bags are called by the name "Frio"...You can get these bags easily in the malls and the showrooms too...Also you can get it online...I am using such kind of bag in summers to keep my water bottle cool from the last 5 years..Justin Loe.
Justin? If you are a person with diabetes in need of support/advice/information, do please tell us more about yourself and how you manage your diabetes.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts