The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I'm a type 2 (dx dec 08), I'm wondering how to prepare for a long flight in June from Montreal to Sydney Australia.

Should I be ensuring that I have a stop-over somewhere of a couple of hours to exercise in an airport?

At this point, I'm managing with weight loss, diet, monitoring and exercise, however my morning scores still remain above the norm.

Any guidance/suggestions would be REALLY appreciated.
Thanks!
Bruce

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think you'll be okay one day without exercising. But you might want to stop somewhere along the way just to get off the darn plane for a while. I would just really watch my carb intake if I couldn't exercise. Have a wonderful time. The trip sounds awesome!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey Elsinore :), Have a look at the reciprical diabetes care in your country as here in Australia we have NDSS National Diabetes Services Scheme.and that will save you on your strips for your BG meter. So enjoy your trip. :D

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Bruce, I live about 5 hours south of Montreal and I have always wanted to fly to Australia. How long will that flight take?

I think that taking the long flight without exercising will be OK provided that you eat very low carb that day and maybe take some low carb snacks with you on the plane. Good luck and enjoy your stay in Australia!

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts