The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience using Truvia? The store where I shop just started carrying this brand. I'm wondering how the carb count is since it contains erythritol for the first ingredient? Can it be substituted for sugar successfully?

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I really like Truvia and use it all the time. Somehow Splenda bothers me in the taste, but Trivia is smoother tasting. I still haven't figured out how little to use...

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
I find I can't go by recipe quantities for the sweet since my taste buds have changed and do everything to taste.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
No Truvia yet in the UK, although there are rumours it may be on the way in a few months. I hope so, I am really not a Splenda fan.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I use erythitol in baking and use about 1/3-1/2 the sugar a recipe calls for. But I don't like things overly sweet. I will usually throw in a few packets of stevia.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I use erythitol in baking and use about 1/3-1/2 the sugar a recipe calls for. But I don't like things overly sweet. I will usually throw in a few packets of stevia.
Similar. When I made a crust-less pumpkin pie, I used Truvia in place of sugar, and used 1/2 of what the recipe called for. The Truvia sort of changed the texture -- the pie was spongier somehow -- but it was still yummy.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I use Z-sweet, it is an eryth-stevia blend that is actually cheaper than eryth alone! I bake with it, no no notable observations ... it's good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts