1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

52 year old Male 245lbs was 285lbs last year

Been Given the curse along with a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia

Trying to diet and cope...was taking cymbalta for the last 6 months and pain was gone, energy up....but seem to have quit working in the last three weeks....actually called in sick today cause I felt so bad

Guess I be reading alot of what has already been posted and seeing if I can see then light

Brian in Charleston SC

·
Registered
165 Posts
welcome Brian let the group know if you got any particular questions. what type are you?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome Brian. Congrats on the weight loss. It seems lots of D's have fibromyalgia, I wonder what the connection is. Lots of good infor here. Glad you found us.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello all

52 year old Male 245lbs was 285lbs last year

Been Given the curse along with a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia

Trying to diet and cope...was taking cymbalta for the last 6 months and pain was gone, energy up....but seem to have quit working in the last three weeks....actually called in sick today cause I felt so bad

Guess I be reading alot of what has already been posted and seeing if I can see then light

Brian in Charleston SC
Hello Brian and :welcome: to the forum! Come on in and get comfortable :couch2: Everyone here is in the same boat! There are a lot of diabetics that suffer from Fibromyalgia, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that diabetes can damage your nerve endings. I have neuropathy in my feet and left hand and take gabapentin, it helps some. Take some time and read what interests you. I hope that you have time to visit often and take care.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Brian, I have Fibromyalgia and Multiple Sclerosis. Having other health issues with diabetes is hard. With diabetes I can take blood sugar, take medicine, and have A1C taken. I can control my carbs to help the diabetes. I dont have these options for my other health concerns.
It would be nice some days to say my MS reading is ...
Cymbalta has been a blessing for me. I also take Savella.

Good Luck with all of this. Any and all health issues can be hard to live with.

O

·
0 Posts
Welcome Brian :) you will find lot of support and good advice here. What type of diabetes do you have? Are you on any medications for diabetes or just diet controlled? Let us know how you're doing. I also have other conditions other than diabetes so I understand how frustrating it can be and also quite costly with all the medicines you have to take. :(

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts