The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When this 12 pound kitty lies on my lap between my laptop and my tummy, it is very difficult to type. :p

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
When this 12 pound kitty lies on my lap between my laptop and my tummy, it is very difficult to type. :p

Whenever you are are tired of this kitty cat laying on your lap, send it my way! What a beautiful cat!

·
Registered
710 Posts
What a happy kitty! I know what you mean about that much cat in your lap. Our cat Frodo is 14 pounds of pure love...and he's down from 18 pounds! When he's taking a siesta and sleeping on you, you're locked in for sure :p.

Jen

·
Registered
161 Posts
2 cats 3 dogs here!

First Cat my wife said "He looks just like Kitty can we keep him?" Kitty was her 17 year old Cat that passed away a month before.. She named Him Murry
Second Cat- My Nephew said - "Aunt Will (yes he is a brat that gets me Pink underwear for Christmas every year) They are going to put her to sleep if we dont find a home for her and she is my favorite... I said... Fine but you need to name her Crystal was the name! Three weeks later I thought I was having eye troubles because Crstal the only cat that ansers to her name... Has Balls... So He is Now officially Crystal Balls Whitley

Dog 1- for me will Always be Jewell- Best Dog and friend i could have ever had. She kept me from committing Suicide on several occassions and always was there with a wagging Nub... She was a Spoiled Rott-N-Boxer mix
Dog 2- Is Harley- When we got her they said Pitt Mix and she would be 40-75 ponds... She might be 20... So i call her a Pitchuachua or Chia Pit... Pit bull Chichuachua mix
Dog 3- Tyson- He was a Boxer that was being left outside with no shelter and on a real cold day i called animal control... When they came by ans took him they were going to put him to sleep because he was a very aggressive dog... I went down and showed he just needed so help and a friend. He left with me that night and escaped injection. It took 5 showers to get rid of that horrible smell... Oh his name in Tyson because when we first got him he trief to rape Harley so we felt it was a fitting name.
Dog 4- Goes by Many names butno matter what you call her she is a sweet 40 pound lap dog... She is Liberty, Snookie, Ray Rice... Depending on the Day... If you say who wants to go to the Jersey Shore she knows it is time to go to the bathroom. I was driving home about 2 weeks after Jewell had passed and my car drove right into the shelter.. My wife and I got out of the car and we never said a word... We went in and looked at the Puppies and went back to the counter and they said did you see any you likes and we both picked a little Pitt Bull with the cutest face... Went and got Harley who is the alpha dog and Liberty submitted right away... Match made in Heaven... took her home and introduced her to Tyson... She walked over and drug him across my hard wood floor by the lips... he ran and hid behind me...
So those are my Dogs and cata I will upload some photos tomorrow

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Richard what a cute cat! Looks sweet, too.

I have 4 of varying size -- 7.5 lb up to probably 13 for the Great White, aka Ulysses.

Crystal Balls -- GREAT NAME! Is he a gypsy, too?

(riddle: Why can't gypsy fortune tellers have babies? Because they have crystal balls ... )

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow...that's a nice biggy kitten you got there...haven't seen such a tummygummy kitten in a while (my grandma used to have Tim who'd be about the same height but unfortunatelly he's gone now). Congrats and take good care of him :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The kitty's name is Sweety. we have taken in many stray cats through the years. This one was a stray too. Can you imagine someone dropping him in our neighborhood? Why would anyone want to give him up? We threw him bread and meat scraps for several weeks. Nobody showed, looking for him, so we took him in the house. He had been chasing and killing squirrels to help himself survive. The vet thinks he is about 4 years old, so I guess we will have him a long time. we also have a female cat, 8 years old, who is less than half Sweety's size. She bosses Sweety around. If she fusses at him he will lie on his back and be submissive. It looks so funny to see this big lummox of a male cat acting that way with a tiny female cat.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I have a big boy like that, Richard. He is a purebred Snowshoe, and he is so heartbreakingly nice, and no problematic habits, I am always incredulous as to how he landed in a cage at a city shelter, 300 mi north of us!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Our Waylon was a stray also, and there's no more loving creature in the world than he. He was starving, dirty & weak when he straggled in here and about 1½ yrs. old, but a few regular meals fixed him right up. He finally topped out at 15 lbs., but has dropped back to 13+ in his elder years. He's about twelve years old now . . .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hold your hats guys, cause my clan is BIG! I have 21 cats and 2 dogs :)

The girls...(feline)
Gabby-14
Sasha-9
Isabella-9
Squeaky-6
Abby-2
Gizzy-1
Patches-1
Padme-7 months
Feona-7 months
Cordey-7 months
Victoria-7 months
Stormy-6 months
Rogue-6 months

The boys.........(feline)
Baby-6
Chuck-3
Rocket-1
Jacob-8 months
Butters-7 months
Anakin-7 months
Maximus-7 months
Popeye-7 months

My dogs...
Muggles-3
Bear-2

Whew! All live indoors, spayed/neutered (7 month kids being done in December..) and all strays except Gabby who was given to me along with Sasha and Gizzy. No matter how hard I try, I can't turn away a stray!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hold your hats guys, cause my clan is BIG! I have 21 cats and 2 dogs :)

The girls...(feline)
Gabby-14
Sasha-9
Isabella-9
Squeaky-6
Abby-2
Gizzy-1
Patches-1
Padme-7 months
Feona-7 months
Cordey-7 months
Victoria-7 months
Stormy-6 months
Rogue-6 months

The boys.........(feline)
Baby-6
Chuck-3
Rocket-1
Jacob-8 months
Butters-7 months
Anakin-7 months
Maximus-7 months
Popeye-7 months

My dogs...
Muggles-3
Bear-2

Whew! All live indoors, spayed/neutered (7 month kids being done in December..) and all strays except Gabby who was given to me along with Sasha and Gizzy. No matter how hard I try, I can't turn away a stray!
Wow, what a collection! That is great that you don't turn away strays!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts