The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Zach, I have been type 1 for 66 years, and I am proud too! It is good that you feel this way. Being diabetics and taking good care of ourselves results in better eating habits, and better health. I think I will probably live longer with diabetes than I would have lived without it. I hope you continue to feel this way and have a long, healthy life!!

Richard

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! It is a pleasure to have you here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hit send on that last one too fast accidentally. Lol. Anyway I'm on 25 units of lantus in the morning and then a sliding scale with novolog, my insulin:carb ratio is 1:10. It recently was changed to that, because I was in the process of getting a pump. However, my father informed me he would not help me with the pump, after I had already gone through the proper procedures to get one. But once I get some money saved up, I would like to get the One Touch Ping pump. That has been my favorite so far. Anyway, that's a little about me, and thanks again for the warm diabetic welcome!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Zach, I am guessing that you are young. That being said, I think that you have the best attitude about your situation that I have ever read.

Keep up that POSITIVE attitude.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was 14 and a freshman when I got diagnosed. I'm 19 almost 20. It was harder back then and I've been through a lot of other stuff emotionally and physically in my life. But I've learned to live with my diabetes and any other problems in my life. I've learned that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. So I just do what I have to do in my life to make sure I am healthy, happy, and successful. And it helps knowing I have the power of God in my heart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nosugarforme said:
Zack u give me courage thanks for being so strong Will
Your welcome. Just keep on doing your thing and don't forget the things that are important in your life, like your family, your education, and your health. Yes, your pancreas may not work, but it is still very manageable disease (no matter how frustrating managing it nay be) and you can still live a healthy life. So don't give up, just do what you know you need to do and be proud of who and what you are!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Insulation Tim said:
Zach, I am guessing that you are young. That being said, I think that you have the best attitude about your situation that I have ever read.

Keep up that POSITIVE attitude.
Thank you. That means a lot. I do my best to keep positive and take care of my life. And I'm 19 years young by the way :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Another type 1! Awesome!
I saw a t shirt the other day that said "type 1 - the real diabetes"

Diabetes makes me stronger, too.

How's your a1c?
Do you diet?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome Zach. I've been D for almost 5 years too. I have to admit Diabetes changed my life for the better. Even though I assumed I was a healthy eater and exercised a lot, I did it haphazardly. Now I am much more disciplined in my diet and exercise. Although I was not really overweight before I am now quite thin and in great shape, Thank you Diabetes. As far as your pump, are you still on your Dad's insurance. In the US you can stay on your parent's insurance until 26. Again welcome to DF.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts