The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed in 1996 several months after my father died from Diabetes complications. Learning early in the process you can live and ignore Diabetes, however after a certain point of accumulating all the damage there is a point of no return.

So I put a fair amount of effort in managing this condition, trying to tease out the best information and put it into practice. I exercise 5-7 days a week mixing it up with Spinning classes, jogging, weights, stretching and walking. I use diet software to log my exercise and food. I would rather not say what are my dietary guidlines, although I have to say I am aware of many claims across the spectrum. In time I will dialog with anyone about most anything.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I am glad you're here. It is a great place for constant encouragement and advice. I hope that you come back often and share some encouragement and give some of your vast knowledge.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I was diagnosed in 1996 several months after my father died from Diabetes complications. Learning early in the process you can live and ignore Diabetes, however after a certain point of accumulating all the damage there is a point of no return.

So I put a fair amount of effort in managing this condition, trying to tease out the best information and put it into practice. I exercise 5-7 days a week mixing it up with Spinning classes, jogging, weights, stretching and walking. I use diet software to log my exercise and food. I would rather not say what are my dietary guidlines, although I have to say I am aware of many claims across the spectrum. In time I will dialog with anyone about most anything.
Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you will feel comfortable here. There is a wealth of information on this forum. I hope that you have time to visit often and take care.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Howdy! Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
onlymep said:
Welcome Greg :) glad you've joined us. So are you on any medication also? Look forward to hearing your experiences.
I am on 1000 mg of Metformin and 20 mg of Crestor. My goal for these is to first eliminate the Crestor because my last LDL was 124 and my Doc wants to push it to under 100. I brought up looking at the particle size for the LDL and pointed out low carb diets push up LDL. When this gets resolved then I want to reduce the Metformin. I will talk about this with my doctor in about 2 weeks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
breezeonby said:
Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you will feel comfortable here. There is a wealth of information on this forum. I hope that you have time to visit often and take care.
I think I will be comfortable here. What I am concerned about is dropping the ball. I have a fami ly issue and I am trying to keep my company from closing...both of which keep me rather busy

·
Registered
556 Posts
I would rather not say what are my dietary guidlines, although I have to say I am aware of many claims across the spectrum.
We are on all different kinds of 'diets' (ways of eating) here, and some of us have made up our own, plus we have some vegetarians. We are all different and not one way of eating works for all.

Glad you found us. Welcome aboard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts