The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
Congrats on the good number. Are you doing low carb/high fat?

Yes, this is a very knowledgable bunch here. I hope to grow up to be just as wise as they are.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Low carb life style has paid off. In over 23 years my a1c's have never been below 7. Usually 8-9 or higher.

Thank god for Dr. Bernstein, low carb, and you guys.
Congrats sugarfeebri. This is fantastic news. I am sure that you will maintain these numbers or even go lower over the next few months.

:thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why are you low carbing?

I don't think it is necessary if you are a slim type 1.

My A1c is usually between 5.1 and 6 and I just eat "normally".
Are you trying to lose weight?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Low carbing is not just for weight loss, but it provides fantastic results for lowering the amount of insulin you need to inject as well as stabalizing your bgs throughout the day. Many of us have found great results sticking to a low carb diet. 5.6 is a great number and tells you the LC is working, keep it up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Why are you low carbing?

I don't think it is necessary if you are a slim type 1.
IMHO most western disease is rooted in high carb consumption: cancer feeds on sugar, and glycated LDL oxidizes and causes atherosclerosis. My primary goal for LCHF is to be healthy.

Low carb life style has paid off. In over 23 years my a1c's have never been below 7. Usually 8-9 or higher.

Thank god for Dr. Bernstein, low carb, and you guys.
I'm going to be my anal endocrinologist for a comment: "This is a dangerous level. You are at risk of severe hypoglycemic events!"

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
This is incredibly wonderful news - congratulations. Well-fought, well-deserved, well-done!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PowerPumper said:
IMHO most western disease is rooted in high carb consumption: cancer feeds on sugar, and glycated LDL oxidizes and causes atherosclerosis. My primary goal for LCHF is to be healthy.

I'm going to be my anal endocrinologist for a comment: "This is a dangerous level. You are at risk of severe hypoglycemic events!"
Sad thing is this is exactly what they say. Truth is roller coaster ride is not as wild and hypos are less of a concern than before.

Low carb for me is about limiting the variables. Law of small numbers as Bernstein states it.

Thank you all for you support!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts