The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :)

I am type 1 diabetic, not a new one but new in here. I registered here because i'd like to get to know diabetics all around the world. I hope you understand my english, it isn't perfect as you can see but i'll try my best. I'm from Finland and diabetes has been my so called friend since 1989. I'm 28 years old.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum

i hope that you visit us regularly. This is by far, THE best place for us diabetics to talk freely and openly about whats going on with us.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as i feel that there are no "dumb" questions

You can do this, you can.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi everyone :)

I am type 1 diabetic, not a new one but new in here. I registered here because i'd like to get to know diabetics all around the world. I hope you understand my english, it isn't perfect as you can see but i'll try my best. I'm from Finland and diabetes has been my so called friend since 1989. I'm 28 years old.
Welcome milla :)

I understand you English just fine :) Nice to meet you. Its always good to have another person to offer more insights into dealing with diabetes. How are you managing yours? Do you use injections? or are you pumping?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for accepting me here :)

I just realized that our units might be different.. A1C-unit is % and bloodglucose is mmol/l. My A1C is now 6,7%. And i'm very happy with that :) My diabetes is very difficult to handle but thank god, i got the pump! Life has been very different ever since! My pump is AC Spirit Combo and insulin is Humalog. I love combo, the remote control is luxury especially when it is freezing here. Right now is -20 degrees, very nice..

Now i must go, daughter seems to be tired.. bed time is now :) Good night everyone!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello milla, it is nice to meet you! It is good that you are using a pump, it makes things so much better. I have used a pump for 3 years. I have been type 1 for 65 years and am very healthy. Take good care of yourself and you will be a healthy old man (woman?) like me someday. :)

Richard

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I agree...the pump is the best thing I ever did. Of course, right now I am having to take supplemental injections because I am taking prednisone :( But, its only temporary :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good to meet you, Milla . . . glad to have another type 1 and pumper . . . do please visit often. Looking forward to getting acquainted!

:welcome:

(p.s: and you're welcome to tell Richard you're perfectly happy becoming a healthy old WOMAN . . . :D :D :D)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
(p.s: and you're welcome to tell Richard you're perfectly happy becoming a healthy old WOMAN . . . :D :D :D)
Hopefully i'm not changing my sex!!! Not even at old age :D To Richard: thank you for welcoming me here. Really nice to hear that it is possible to be type 1 and nothing else, no retinopatia, nefropatia etc. (sorry, i dont know the english words for those, hope you'll understand).

And yes, i am a woman :) 28-year-old, i work in foodstore selling fish but at the moment i'm home with my 1-year-old daughter and i'm also pregnant. First ultrasound next wednesday :) We live at countryside in a small village. Me, my husband, daughter and dog. The dog is bernese mountain dog. I'd like to get to know you all, so tell me about yourselves :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
It sounds like a wonderful life, Milla . . .

I'll get back on here in a little bit & post more about myself for you . . . stay tuned. ;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We are glad you're here. Please visit often. It is always interesting to meet people from all over the world that I share something in common with. I look forward to having you join us on this journey to a healthy life!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Milla, my story appears at the top of the type 1 forum. Chapters 1-20. Too much to read, even though it is about the life of a type 1 diabetic starting in 1945. When you asked us to tell about ourselves, I don't think you wanted our life stories. ;)

Sorry about not knowing you are a woman. I get confused like that very easily with people's names. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Richard: dont apologize, it was just funny that you thought i was a man :D There cant be too much laughter on anyones life so thanks for that :)

i'll try to visit often :) I'm just cursing my english, how hard can it be to write the things i want to say..damn! But maybe you all would have problems with finnish :p

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
You're doing fine with English, Milla - I don't see how you could do any better! I'd be having nightmares trying to write in Finnish! :faint2:

We're delighted to have you with us.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
heck, she types better then half the "americans" i know! lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thank you Shanny and ThoseBackPages *blushing*
But what you didn't know is that half the stuff I wanted to write is still unwritten because I just dont know how to ;)

I hate this stupid flu. How long can it last?? And this cough is beyond tolerance! Feels like i'll never get better because outside is now -25 degrees (celsius), so cold! Thank god my car started today, otherwise I had frozed to death.. but what else would i expect; my Volvo will never let me down <3 What kind of weather is in America? Is there snow anywhere? Here is about 50 centimeters :) Beautiful but really cold!

....And I just realized that this is no more introdusing myself, I should probably go to forum lounge ;)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
You can post anywhere you want Milla. The lounge is a good place for off topic posting. there are forums in the list for many different purposes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts