The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was first diagnosed in 2008, really have not taken it seriously and its time I do. Been taking glipizide and metformin twice a day. My levels have usually been pretty decent, under 130. I sort of watch what I eat, but need to do a lot better.

Found the forum via a link on another forum, so here I am.:)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Great! Welcome aboard, Buckshot. Looks like you've been getting by pretty well, but sure never hurts to pay better attention - we never know what's up the road & it's good to be fully prepared.

Lotsa good knowledge, wisdom & experience here - make yourself at home & we look forward to getting better acquainted.

·
Registered
741 Posts
*waves from Australia* hi buckshot...and welcome

·
Registered
27 Posts
<RAMBLE>Hi, Buck. I joined a different forum before I found this one. There were lots of old posts, but it was like a ghost town. I didn't find out until after I joined that there had only been 2 new posts since 2008, and one of them had never been replied to. I asked a question and after 2 days no one replied, so I posted, "Hellooooo, is anybody out there....." and the next day someone had posted "I am." And even the monerator must have only checked the site every 3 or 4 days because it would take that long to get a reply to my questions, and the answers only came from her, there was no one else there (except maybe the "I am." person) to reply. She was a dietician and it was an ADA website, so after I dropped that site and found this one, I figured out that the other site was probably very popular at one time, but diabetics must be wising up and going to the low carb/high fat sites instead of the ADA ones. At least I hope that is what is happening, for their own sakes.</RAMBLE>

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts