The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody...m a dentist, 23yr old n diagnosed a week back dat m havn TYPE 1 diabetes..started with insulin injections.. 6-8 units..thrice a day!! actually i was loosing weight since 3months..so juz went for routine examinations n tests...n to my surprise had out of d blue HIGH Blood sugar levels!! was SHOCKED!! :( :confused: please guide me v d insulin doses, diet management n all....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome, Chitra. Sorry I can't help you with insulin, but when it comes to diet, everything you have ever learned about what is healthy or unhealthy to eat will soon be turned on it's head. Diabetics need a high fat diet (but only certain kinds of fat) and fairly high protein, but low carbohydrates (carbs), since that is one of the things that brings blood sugar (bs) up. And even when eating this way, you can still lose weight, if you want.

So when you hear people telling you to eat things like bacon, eggs and heavy whipping cream, don't be surprised, and don't let yourself get confused or discouraged, just ask questions until you understand everything. If you do, you won't be sorry. The folks at this forum can help you a lot. Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Welcome, Chitra!

You'll find lots of info and support here ... it's a great place!

If you need specific info, just post! Plus, there's a "Search" box at the top of the page so you can check out the archive.

I'm a Type 2 on insulin, diagnosed last month. Nooooo fun. But it does get better. Most of the time.

Chitra -- did your Dr. offer you any diet advice at all?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts