The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to my new endo and told him that i wanted to get on insulin and he schooled be saying that type 2 don't need insulin. Meanwhile he took me off my Metformin and put me on Glypizide and Junevia. I wore a Glucose monitor for 3 days and have been keeping a daily record for the past 3 weeks. I am trying to get better insurance which then I will seek a doc that will listen to me till then going thru the process of help with this doctor. BTW I received a call from my Doctor saying to call him back which i did today. The conversation went as follows: Your glucose readings are very very high, are you taking the meds we prescribed to you? Yes... You need to come in ASAP lol Effin Doc didnt listen to me go figure right. Will keep you all posted.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Here's hoping you get the insurance thing worked out soon. Sorry you're having to go through this - sheesh.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
stupid stupid drs

good luck and keep coming back here

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Gosh, you've hit the jackpot with your docs, haven't you? <where's that sarcasm font when I need it?> Are they threatened by a patient who's actually involved in his own management? The very idea that type 2s never need insulin is preposterous.

You sound like your pancreas might have run outta gas - does this endo have enough smarts to order tests for c-peptide & GAD antibodies? Maybe you aren't type 2 at all - maybe you're type 1.5 (LADA). That would explain a lot. Before he starts calling you non-compliant, he really should run the definitive tests.

Good luck getting your insurance squared away - and if your docs won't order the tests you need, there are outside labs you can use without their order. I'll try to find the links if I can - or maybe someone else will remember what they are.

Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
This is the one I've used and have been very happy with. Online Medical Lab Tests | Blood Tests They recently changed their name (same under the hood) and are having a 15% off 'under construction' special. It's Labcorp, totally legit, even though sales on bloodwork is a marketing concept that never occurred to me.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm still shocked every time someone has a doctor story...sorry you had to find one

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
It's a ritual -- like a mating dance -- and you have to think of them as obsessive-compulsive -- they MUST go through their little mating dance, from start to finish -- before yo uca nget anywhere with them! Regardless of what you know, and possibly, even regardless of what THEY know.

Sucks, doesn't it?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
It stinks when your insurance stinks. We also have lousy insurance that doesn't pay for anything and they just raised it to over $1200 a month. I still see an Internist because that is all I can afford. How high are your bgs and how long have you had Diabetes? Diabetes is a progressive disease, and the pancreas tends to burn out just like type 1. Once that pancreas is gone you need extra insulin. All the meds in the world won't replace insulin that is not there. If you have exhausted the oral meds, gone low carb and exercised every day and are still high then you do need insulin. Also request a C Peptide test which will test how much insulin you produce.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts