The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Santosh - my first name.

I generally use a different display name on user boards/forums i.e Doctor. I was a computer doctor for my friends during my Engineering days :biggrin: Even today, my friends call me doctor though I am an Engineer :wink2:

Since this is a serious forum, I thought of using my real name and not to confuse others by using name 'Doctor' :biggrin:

·
Administrator
Type 2
1,994 Posts
Cricket: I was born with the hiccups. The first time my daddy saw me, he was horrified. He told everyone who would listen that I was the ugliest baby he had ever seen and that I sounded just like a cricket. From that day forward, I have always been known as Cricket.

VS: VerticalScope - the company I work for.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Like many guys I had a midlife crisis, mine hit me at 47 (a bit later than most)? But, instead of turning in my wife for two 20 year olds, as some lost souls do, I quit working for the company I had been with for over 17 years, got in shape, talked my wife into taking a SCUBA certification course, and then we took a long vacation where we scuba dived all over the Caribbean. This was all funded by a college fund we had set up for our oldest son, who got a full ride to college...so we had that fun money! Then after our trip I got an easy job and went back to night school to get an MBA which I finished 22 months later....!

That was one of the best times in our lives....so my name on many websites is div2live....! Now that I am retired, we both still dive but are somewhat limited by our age and my Type II meds....

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
"Shottle Bop" is a story by Theodore Sturgeon, about a man who is given a great power, which he abuses, out of greed. In the end, he gets what's coming to him. I use the name as a reminder.

Wikipedia Link (but if you Google the name, you can find the story to read online).

·
Registered
799 Posts
Lotta things wearing me down so I needed a name that would make me laugh every time. I use bungee cords for just about everything, so it's become a family joke.

Reactions: 3damesxoxo

·
Registered
16 Posts
My name in these forums is a play on "A1C" using A-1 Steak Sauce and the phonetic alphabet word for the letter C.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine is disappointing. I was simply trying to register by the guidelines according to the forum. I use xoxo a lot as hugs and kisses so that is why that part of it. I have emails where I call myself by "dame" meaning female, like dazzlingdame, and healingdame. I added the number 3 to be compliant with the rules of the forum. So not much meaning or lots of meaning in different ways. Wish I had a way to change it and I would. Thanks for bringing this up it's kind of like figuring out the specialized license plates on cars and wondering where they got those names from.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine is simple: My name is Jim and I am Big (getting smaller every day though). :)
Love the nick name and yes it fits but glad you are getting smaller, I'm trying! I wanted to comment on your fish! I'm curious as to the story behind where you caught it, it appears to be a halibut? Size 50lbs I'd guess? I'm totally into fishing, but with my limitations of health, haven't been going. I once fished Alaska on Kodiak Island and off the coast and we caught lots of halibut and much salmon also. Need to dig out my brag photos. That's another story!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Love the nick name and yes it fits but glad you are getting smaller, I'm trying! I wanted to comment on your fish! I'm curious as to the story behind where you caught it, it appears to be a halibut? Size 50lbs I'd guess? I'm totally into fishing, but with my limitations of health, haven't been going. I once fished Alaska on Kodiak Island and off the coast and we caught lots of halibut and much salmon also. Need to dig out my brag photos. That's another story!
Thanks for the kind words. My picture is of a 9 pound Largemouth Bass I caught at Clear Lake CA earlier this year. I try to get out fishing as often as I can. It is my therapy :) Post up your Alaska Pics I would like to check them out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
first name and part of my last name, nothing particularly exciting. Love the creativity of some of the other names, especially "SteakSauceCharlie"

·
Administrator
Type 2
1,994 Posts
Mine is disappointing. I was simply trying to register by the guidelines according to the forum. I use xoxo a lot as hugs and kisses so that is why that part of it. I have emails where I call myself by "dame" meaning female, like dazzlingdame, and healingdame. I added the number 3 to be compliant with the rules of the forum. So not much meaning or lots of meaning in different ways. Wish I had a way to change it and I would. Thanks for bringing this up it's kind of like figuring out the specialized license plates on cars and wondering where they got those names from.
If you want your username changed, let me know. I should be able to help you. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
mine is a combo of my family names

H is me
F is my Wife
T is my Son
M is my Daughter
Rock is a portion of my last name.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts