The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I use her website for a lot of my recipes. They are great.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I just finished a fresh muffin out of the oven and it was fabulous! I'll be trying more variations, but I made the basic one for this go. It was so good, and I wonder what would happen if I put a bit of cornmeal in the muffin pans and left out the sweetener, if it would make a pretty good 'corn' muffin. Even with all that butter, and more in the non-stick pans I may do better using a muffin liner? This seems like it could be a breakfast item alone. I don't have any but the regular muffin pans, so I only got six, but gee was I impressed! I love Buitoni's recipes and this was no exception!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I will have to try these as they could, as Pat mentioned, be used as a breakfast item which was my original intention but I think they might, with the proper amount of berries and "stuff" ;) be a great energy bar replacement for my longer walks and bike rides. I tried making a nut-based energy bar a few weeks ago but it was a total (and costly) failure.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made zucchini muffins with cream cheese frosting today (frosting recipe here). They are good. To the recipe I added 1 cup shredded zucchini, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla. For sweetener I used 4 pkts. plus I used 1/3 cup Walden Farms pancakes syrup instead of the 1/3 cup water. I used paper liners. I must have the smaller muffin cup pans because it made 21.

In one of my Dana Carpender cookbooks, she said she wished people would use ground sunflower seeds more often, instead of always almond flour because she said sunflower seeds cost less. Well, they also have 4 less carbs per cup, so in this recipe I used 1 cup almond flour and one cup sunflower seed flour and all I know is it was good. Glad I finally bought a coffee grinder because it makes a big difference in baking. Things are no longer 'grainy'. I measured the seeds before grinding.

I want to do more experimenting with this recipe. Like chocolate cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts