The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was diagnosed with Type2 ten years ago but I'm almost certain that I have been diabetic longer than that. The family history is littered with diabetics, my brother being the most severe as an insulin dependent Type1 since the age of 2.

When I am on my game, I'm very well under control and can maintain an A1C as low as 6.1%. But then there are times like now where I fall off the wagon. It starts innocently enough; I'll reward myself for doing well and take a weekend off. But then the weekend becomnes a week the two. Before I know it, it is two weeks, then a month then two months... you get the idea.

As of this morning, I'm back on the wagon. I intend to reward myself when I experience the success I've had in the past. How I reward myself will be much different.

I thought that it would be a nice idea to blog my efforts and have started which I invite members here to visit and participate at. Once I've met the requirements of the forum, I'll post the link and invite others to participate.

I look forward to the useful information I receive here and hope that my experiences will prove to be useful to others.

Regards,

O

·
0 Posts
welcome Dominick :) I'm type 2 on insulin. Glad you've found this forum. I think all of us can relate to what you're saying... I've been diabetic for 13 years now and I can think of times where I could have done better myself for whatever reason. Do you use any meds to assist with control at all? I'm sure you'll find this is a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I like to treat myself for good behavior with some sugar free gum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts