The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started Victoza at the end of February and I lost quite a bit of weight...about 35 pounds. But since the end of June I've been getting hungry again. My levels are under control but they have crept up a bit since I'm eating more.

I know the main purpose for the Victoza is to control my blood sugar but I believe the weight loss has helped my levels just as much as the medication.

Has anyone switched back and forth between Victoza and Byetta? I was wondering if I went back to Byetta for a month and then started Victoza again if I would get the appetite control back.

I'm at the point of wanting to try otc diet pills....

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
It's a tough call, Tam, and one you should prob'ly address to your doctor. If you went on Victoza because the byetta wasn't a good match for you, then I'd be thinking really hard about this decision. You might be able to bring your levels back down & rein in your hunger too, by trimming a few carbs. Protein & fats will fill you up (and the fats aren't going to cause weight gain either), where cereal & other carby foods often just create more hunger for more carbs.

Let us know how this turns out . . . a friend of mine was even having lows using byetta, but that may have been a fluke.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I started Victoza at the end of February and I lost quite a bit of weight...about 35 pounds. But since the end of June I've been getting hungry again. My levels are under control but they have crept up a bit since I'm eating more.

I know the main purpose for the Victoza is to control my blood sugar but I believe the weight loss has helped my levels just as much as the medication.

Has anyone switched back and forth between Victoza and Byetta? I was wondering if I went back to Byetta for a month and then started Victoza again if I would get the appetite control back.

I'm at the point of wanting to try otc diet pills....
dunno, but here are some personal reviews: Victoza User Reviews for Diabetes, Type 2 at Drugs.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts