The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Victoza? The doc gave me info about it this morning. I'm struggling with getting my bs down, so I'm thinking this may be a good option. I'm just not crazy about injections.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No idea why Victoza is in red. I didn't do that on purpose.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Victoza is a relatively new drug. It is similar to Byetta but I think you only need to take it once a day. From what I have read on othr forums is people seem to do ok on the starter dose but frequnetly have side effects on the higher doses. I know it is extremely expensive so I can't even consider it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Victoza is a relatively new drug. It is similar to Byetta but I think you only need to take it once a day. From what I have read on othr forums is people seem to do ok on the starter dose but frequnetly have side effects on the higher doses. I know it is extremely expensive so I can't even consider it.
The diabetics at the doc's seem to really like it. I'll have to check with my insurance and see what my co-pay is on it. I'm guessing it'll be waaay too much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ConnieB525 said:
Has anyone tried Victoza? The doc gave me info about it this morning. I'm struggling with getting my bs down, so I'm thinking this may be a good option. I'm just not crazy about injections.
Hi Connie

I have been on victoza and the drug has done wonders for me, not only the BS levels now in acceptable range, I have less and less need to eat which has helped me shed kilos from me after ages

But as indicated, seems on higher doses the drug has some serious side effects, I experienced them too and have been brought to a lower dose by my doc, hope this would take care of the current concerns

I would give the drug high rating and someone trying to get their sugar levels under check, should give this a try, though it's quite expensive, see your insurance to cover it

Sent from my iPad using Diabetes

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Victoza is definitely not for those with Gastroparesis you already have stomach issues and Victoza slows gastric emptying why not Lantus most insurances are not covering Victoza(non-insulin) just like what happened with Byetta

·
Registered
23 Posts
doeadeer said:
Hello Victoza is definitely not for those with Gastroparesis you already have stomach issues and Victoza slows gastric emptying why not Lantus most insurances are not covering Victoza(non-insulin) just like what happened with Byetta
Hi Doeadeer
Thanks, yes I did had some stomach issues while starting on the medication but they seem to have disappeared with time, more over I have been able shed kilos after many years and am not seeing any weight gain, my diet and lifestyle remains unchanged

For me insurance surprisingly is covering the medication, if tomm they stop doing so I would seek alternative options but for the time being all seems to be working fine

I had some memory issues and have currently started on lecithin, it seems to be working and helps me stay away from anti anxiety and anti depressants which for sure do not work, at least for me apart from the myriad of side effects which comes along with it.
Best regards

Sent from my iPad using Diabetes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts