The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have been placed on victoza since the start of the year, proved right to it's name as a wonder drug.
Numbers have dropped.
Lately have been feeling confused, memory issues and lost, could it be due to victoza, saw the doc, advised that I give a break of a week and start at 0.6 for a week and than stop at 1.2

Does anyone has a similar issue being on the drug, am also low on testerone and am currently taking 5mg of androgen, could the androgel be causing these issue

Any feedback would be appreciated as am scared to discontinue any of the drugs as might return back to previous stage where everything was not in order

Have been on anxiety drugs for many years without much help, as per the doc low levels of testerone can cause issues related to memory.
Thank You

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
aamirsiddiqui said:
Hi have been placed on victoza since the start of the year, proved right to it's name as a wonder drug.
Numbers have dropped.
Lately have been feeling confused, memory issues and lost, could it be due to victoza, saw the doc, advised that I give a break of a week and start at 0.6 for a week and than stop at 1.2

Does anyone has a similar issue being on the drug, am also low on testerone and am currently taking 5mg of androgen, could the androgel be causing these issue

Any feedback would be appreciated as am scared to discontinue any of the drugs as might return back to previous stage where everything was not in order

Have been on anxiety drugs for many years without much help, as per the doc low levels of testerone can cause issues related to memory.
Thank You
Anyone on victoza experiencing some side effects

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I have no experience with victoza or I'd have responded, but perhaps given a little more time, someone will have answers for you, aamirsiddiqui. Welcome to DF.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I never used Victoza but had similar problems on a statin drug called Prevastatin. I was always confused and felt I was aging at a very fast pace. Please discuss this with your doctor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
The doc advises me stay on victoza, no wonder it has helped me a lot
I shall see if the current issues become too much to handle.

Sent from my iPad using Diabetes

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I can't say much about Victoza myself - I'm not familiar with it, but :welcome: to the forums!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your response, this is quite encouraging.
Hope to keep hearing from you guys and ones who are on victoza and had some past experience being on the drug, I start on 1.2 from tomm and see if I can keep it their or the doc needs to further increase the dosage if things start to go bad again.

I wish and hope my congenital issues could get better for which I am ready to be on the drug for life, of course the insurance company is kind enough as the drug is a huge strain on the pocket

Thank you again

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shanny said:
I have no experience with victoza or I'd have responded, but perhaps given a little more time, someone will have answers for you, aamirsiddiqui. Welcome to DF.
Thanks Shanny
As I mentioned on my earlier reply, I do hope someone who has been on victoza could share his/her experiences as it would be very helpful to know if mine is an isolated case or people do experience similar conditions while on and off the drug

Thank you for taking me on the forum

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
beefy said:
I can't say much about Victoza myself - I'm not familiar with it, but :welcome: to the forums!
Thanks Beefy
I hope I could raise my awareness levels while being on the forum and response from you guys welcoming me to the forum is quite encouraging
Take care and god bless

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I am new to this site, but I was on Victoza and had to stop using it because my insurance company wouldn't cover it... it was great for me. I thought it was a wonder drug too. Wish there was a generic brand!!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi! I am new to this site, but I was on Victoza and had to stop using it because my insurance company wouldn't cover it... it was great for me. I thought it was a wonder drug too. Wish there was a generic brand!!!!
Hi and welcome to the site.
Seems like insurance companies always end up dictating what we are able to do in life.
Hopefully there will be a generic for this drug before long.

Gene...

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The patent on Victoza expires in August of 2017. Sometime after that there should be a generic for it.

There is a pretty long list of side effects for Victoza here.

Glad you found us. Welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was just put on Victoza today. I was on Actos, but to me they are just too many red flags with that drug that I pushed my doctor for something better. Thank God for the pharmacist at CVS who told me about a discount card that Victoza has for it. Saved a bunch of bucks. My doctor also put me on Testim as well, from what I've read that having low testosterone and diabetes can go hand in hand with men. I'll have to do more reading on that angle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been using Victoza since May/June, and was amazed at the success I was having with it. However, for the past 60 days I have been having to supplement Victoza with Humalog.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello~
New here. I've been on Victoza for about 6 months now. Started @ .6, then 1.2. My most recent bloodwork shows my A1C @ 5.8, down from over 7...so I have been pretty happy. I was just recently upped to 1.8, in hopes that it might help further with BG numbers and also weight loss. We shall see. I don't seem to have many side effects at all with it, other than regular self injection issues (oops...bruised myself again) :)

Although....I do take my dosage in the evening, right before bed...in a cognizant attempt to minimize side effects.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was on Victoza since last Sept. but I too was forgetting things and as it got worse, the drug was not keeping my bs nos down. I stopped it for 2 months and now have started again. They are down but I don't know about the memory concerns. I shall see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, my husband says that I forget things I did yesterday, or last week. I was on V and up to 1.8. I went down to 1.2 and then went off for a couple of weeks. But, I am still forgetting. I am not that old! 70 is not old! I do wonder about the Victoza. Nancy

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been taking V for about a year. It may have helped some but nothing miraculous. Since this spring I have been taking insulin which I do think is a miracle worker. My new endo said that I should think about getting off the V. I was on max dose, now down to 1.2, and I'm on my last pen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts