The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friend is 25 year old guy and he's had vitiligo for 1 year approx, and it now covers a small area in his neck (upon the collar side), and some little patches on his forehead.

He never hide anything from anyone. But he noticed changes in people's behavior. As anonymous has rightly pointed out, there is a lot of social stigma towards vitiligo. But over the years he's seen people evolving and accepting it more whole heartedly now.

However, his biggest strength have been his siblings, parents and friends. Though his parents are still not at peace with his vitiligo, as they feel that this is a hindrance in his happiness (and marriage of course). While his siblings and friends have always had a no-care attitude towards it.

Thereby, his vitiligo sometimes make him concerned about his health too. Because whatever he eats or take in his diet, (either it's healthy liquid or even solid one) doesn't effect his body anymore. He still is slim and thin as compared to before.

Even whenever he gets hurt or a minor injured, he doesn't bleeding. Once he went to pathology to check his blood group due to some official purpose. And when the doctor pinched needle in his finger to take some drops of blood, it was done but was having quite difficult.

As he is my one of the close friend, so I am also much concerned along him about his vitiligo problem. So, I want to know what is the actual factor behind this.

Suggest if some best and quick treatment available for this.

·
Super Moderator
9,632 Posts
I would be surprised if more could be learned here than on Google about vitiligo. But I have been surprised before on the extent of the knowledge of the members of this forum.

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Sorry about your friend's condition, Edward. Apparently there is no treatment for Vitiligo but from what I read in a quick search, it does not cause any health issues, so he would need to see a doctor to determine what the cause is for the lack of bleeding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts