The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a spin off of another thread, Doughnuts. I made these for dinner after adjusting the egg ratio. The result, WOW. Light, Fluffy, a waffle. I had mine with SF Strawberry Preserves and melted butter.

This recipe made 8 , 3-1/2inch belgium waffles.

1 cup blanched almonds or pecan meal (She-Ra)
1/3 cup of Greek Yogurt
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt

I left out the Splenda this time

I beat in a mixing bowl 2 jumbo size eggs whites until very stiff, set aside

I processed the almonds to a flour then added everything else and blended till mixed thourghly. I then gently folded in the batter into the egg white and stirred just until mostly blended.

1 heaping cup of this batter is what it took to make 4 3-1/2 inch waffles. Waffle iron was med hot, 30 seconds on one side 60 seconds on the other side. This recipe is a keeper for me

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Here I are!!! :D :D :D

And I LOVE the waffles - thank you, Marty! The waffle iron is out on the counter again & we'll have 'em this weekend. You're such a sweetheart, you big ol' Swede you . . . ;)

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Made some for the wife today at lunch with sweet butter to pour over them. They were greeat. Glad you like em.

Here I are!!! :D :D :D

And I LOVE the waffles - thank you, Marty! The waffle iron is out on the counter again & we'll have 'em this weekend. You're such a sweetheart, you big ol' Swede you . . . ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts