The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I don't even feel like getting out of bed. In fact, if i stay under my sheets I still sleep so heavily as if I didn't get any the previous night.

The fact that I wake up feeling so tired concerns me. Anyone ever experienced something of the sort? What to do now? :sad2:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Could you be depressed. I have had the same problem and thought it depression but found out my vitamin D level to be really low.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jim212, you're on insuline? Right?
It's normal to feel tired an exhaused, even after a long good sleep if your blood sugar are all over the place. Do you have any problems with hypo and hyperglycemia? Unstable blood sugar?
Can only say for myself, that I feel/experience just the same from time to time, but it is always a results of the previous day and how I managed my blood sugar the previous day. Eating carbs always gives me high numbers and ends with me getting a hypo, or getting close to one. And on my worse days I always feel tired and exhaused the next morning even how much sleep I get.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I just want to second the recommendation for sleep apnea testing, even if you don't noticeably stop breathing or snore at night.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Waking up super tired

Hi Jim212

I came across your post and would agree with others that you should get tested for sleep apnea. I was diagnosed with this 13 years ago and was tired all through the day as well. Most people put tiredness down to working long hours or just getting older. It can creep up on you so make sure you explore this avenue.

Regards

Peter

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Yes, sleep apnea can occur in normal-weight fit people, just like diabetes :)

Reactions: Daytona

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, sleep apnea can occur in normal-weight fit people, just like diabetes :)
Okay, that's terrifying.

I've had my diet (and diabetes!) under control for years but always wondered why I ALWAYS felt exhausted. Test after test, other than the big D, everything was okay. But NEVER been tested for sleep apnea............... Guess I really have to consider it now! Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts