The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few days I've been waking up with high BG levels that can go as far as 300. It usually sits at around 250. I've been on NPH my whole life. Is it time for a change?

I realized that my bg has to go low in the middle of the night to wake up ok but it didn't used to be that way.

Can anyone share their experiences with their long acting insuilin?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I know a lot of people who take insulin don't like NPH because the coverage is irradic. I would ask your doctor about Levemir or Lantus which have more predictable outcomes. The other thing you may want to talk to your doctor about is using an Insulin pump.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know a lot of people who take insulin don't like NPH because the coverage is irradic. I would ask your doctor about Levemir or Lantus which have more predictable outcomes. The other thing you may want to talk to your doctor about is using an Insulin pump.
You got that right. NPH is all over the place sometimes. Very unpredictable. So I will definitely ask about Lantus.

The insulin pump is definitely in my agenda. However as of right now, I do much traveling due to my job and am unable to test as frequently as the doc would want me to. I'm going to take some time off in the summer and do it then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A high white cell count can indicate infection, systemic illness, inflammation, allergy, leukemia and tissue injury caused due to burns. They also increases when certain medicines like antibiotics or anti-seizure drugs. Smoking and too much of mental stress also increases the count too.

Anyone whose glucose goes as high as 192 mg/dl within an hour after a meal clearly has a poorly functioning glucose control system. And that's what diabetes (especially Type 2) is.

The rash could be a side effect of medication/s or it can be caused by infection.

Your mother needs to see a doctor, not depend on Yahoo! for a diagnosis.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
The topic of this discussion is experiences with long-acting insulin. Nowhere does it mention WBC or anyone's mother on Yahoo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts