The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ate a very high carb lunch today. Rye bread, garlic lime mayo, provolone, sand which from a local earth fare store. Plus the homemade greasy potato chips that came with it.

Checked my sugar at two hours and it was up to 140. Went and walked on the treadmill for fifteen minutes and checked and it was 101.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. And it will keep coming down with time. 30 minutes would have yielded better results.
Yes I typically try to walk 30 mins after lunch on most days but went out at lunch yesterday. If I had thought about it I'd walked when I got back and not waited till I checked my BG before doing anything about it. Oh well, lesson learned. running high for a hour or so isn't going to kill me today.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
You no doubt went much higher than 140 . . . waiting two hours to test gives your second phase insulin response time to kick in and lower your levels.

If you're really interested in finding out the damage carbs do to your blood sugar, you need to test one hour after your first bite. That's the test that tells the truth.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You no doubt went much higher than 140 . . . waiting two hours to test gives your second phase insulin response time to kick in and lower your levels. If you're really interested in finding out the damage carbs do to your blood sugar, you need to test one hour after your first bite. That's the test that tells the truth.
I tested around one hour and it was 158.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts