The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all,

I have experienced some joint pain around my left foot toes, and some fingers on left hand since mid July. Then I went to have a blood and urine test on 07/28 and everything is fine. The blood sugar level is 85, just in the center of lower and upper range... so all are good.

However, about 3 weeks ago, I have been seeing so many bubbles in my urine. I felt worried, then last Friday, after having a big lunch with rice, veg, and chicken wings, followed by a pack of cookies at 2:00 pm (lunch delayed due to some work) then I went to have my urine test done around 4:00. The results came quick - Ketones +, PH 5, and Glucose 200.

This shocked me .... Then this Monday, at 9:00 am, I went to do another urine test and blood testing after fasting since midnight the previous day. The urine test result came out quick again showing Ketones ++, PH 5, but Glucose good now.

At this time, I am nervously waiting for my blood testing results. My questions to you guys are:

(1). Usually the positive Ketone result is from uncontrolled diabetes, but I have been doing urine and blood test a number of times in the last years, with two latest are Oct of 2010, and 07/28 of 2011, all negative. How come it is possible to have Ketons so quick in my urine - Should I have diabetes earlier, why the test done earlier did not catch it??

(2). One time glucos positive in urine likely indicates the diabetes??

(3). I have been checking my Ketons using test strip since last Friday, it is always + or ++. Any possible reasons.

Sorry for long post... Again, thanks a lot in advance.

Niwonsale

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
A glucose reading of 200 after a meal would indicate diabetes. Many times your after meal numbers deteriorate before your fasting numbers do. Usually the increase in bgs is directly related to the amount of carbs consumed. I can only eat 10-15 carbs per meal before I spike like crazy. I try to keep my after meal numbers around 110 or lower. Your Ph seems low, you might try to raise it using a alkaline diet ( more green veggies). As far as the ketones go many of us on low carb diets produce ketones because we are burning fat for fuel. So ketones aren't always bad. But if your bgs are very high and your body doesn't produce enough insulin to bring it down ketones can lead to DKA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, so much Jwags,

Does that mean one time measurement of urine Glucos equal to 200 indicate I have the disease?

As said, this monday morning, I have anothe fasting measurement, and glucos is negative.

thanks

A glucose reading of 200 after a meal would indicate diabetes. Many times your after meal numbers deteriorate before your fasting numbers do. Usually the increase in bgs is directly related to the amount of carbs consumed. I can only eat 10-15 carbs per meal before I spike like crazy. I try to keep my after meal numbers around 110 or lower. Your Ph seems low, you might try to raise it using a alkaline diet ( more green veggies). As far as the ketones go many of us on low carb diets produce ketones because we are burning fat for fuel. So ketones aren't always bad. But if your bgs are very high and your body doesn't produce enough insulin to bring it down ketones can lead to DKA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts