The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading a thread about how much to eat and someone mentioned WASA crackers. I am starting a new thread because I didn't want to highjack that one. My questions are, what are WASA crackers, about how many carbs are in them, and where can I buy them?

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
I don't eat them, but you can get them in the grocery store. Or, you can see all the varieties on their website, with nutritional info, and purchase from there if you like: Health Food from Wasa

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I like 'em just fine & I eat 'em occasionally (WASA light rye), but they're a little higher carb than I like, so I use the GG crispbread crackers more - they're only 2g carbs & 12 calories per cracker.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I do buy the WASA Rye Crackers. They make several varieties so make sure you check the carb count carefully. I find them at my regular grocery store. Usually if I eat one with some raw almond butter and Walden Farms jam I don't get much of a spike. They do take getting used to, because they are kind of dry. Like Shanny I use the GG Branscrips crackers. In fact I just had one for breakfast with almond butter and cinnamon. I buy mine from Netrition by the case. I think Dr Bernstein uses both the WASA and the GG crackers. I remember he even soaks them to make french toast. I've also thrown them in a food processor for bread crumbs.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
WASA makes a light and crispy cracker now its new. 3 of them crackers and there the same size as the original WASA is 10g of carbs. pretty low.

We especially like the WASA fruit and seed cracker. I break them up and then cover them with berrys add some whipping cream, enjoy, like eating a pie. I remember pie.

Reactions: Genie

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the WASA at Walmart. DH bought rye (7 total carbs each with 1.5g fiber). I don't like rye, I saw some Wheat Thins Flatbread made by Nabisco, garlic & parsley. It's 6 total carbs each with .5g fiber. So pretty much the same in carbs. The flatbread tastes a lot like crackers which makes me happy. I can finally crush a cracker in my chili.

Thanks for the info, everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts