The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, we are having a thunderstorm....how strange for this time of the year in Ohio. But if it means spring is getting close, I love it! I don't like worms though!

·
Registered
298 Posts
We have a chance for more snow tonight... It's been VERY windy all afternoon

G

·
oh goodness.... not weather. hehe. Well here where I am it's hot, hot, hot... and humid (eg. last night a typical 25 degrees celcius, and today 39 degrees celcius). It's definitely one of our hottest summers on record (a long one). To top that we have had this weird freaky storm this afternoon where there was a fair bit of damage done (roofs ripped off and such)... including a tornado that hit north of the city. There hasn't been any rain up until this afternoon... and only in some parts of the city and not other parts. We've been warned it's a severe storm front and should be gone by midnight here (another 5 hours away)..... then guess what... sunny, sunny, sunny & hot, hot, hot for rest of the week.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
We had 10 inches of snow on Friday and last night we had a terrible thunder and lightening storm with a lot of rain. Most of the snow is now melted and now we have to worry about flooding. This time of year is so much fun. Now that the snow has melted I need to get into the yard and pick up all the fallen limbs and branches. The ice did a number on our trees.

·
Registered
213 Posts
45 degrees and raining in Syracuse, NY. Still a very deep snow cover, so the robins will not be happy when they return - any day now. They don't come to my feeders, but I have a large Washington Hawthorne tree which is loaded with berries. Robins feast on those under these circumstances.

Robins love my heated bird bath. They must be the cleanest birds on the planet.

G

·
45 degrees and raining in Syracuse, NY. Still a very deep snow cover, so the robins will not be happy when they return - any day now. They don't come to my feeders, but I have a large Washington Hawthorne tree which is loaded with berries. Robins feast on those under these circumstances.

Robins love my heated bird bath. They must be the cleanest birds on the planet.
In that case... I agree they will come back. lol
I love birds... robins are beautiful little birds aren't they.
We get a huge range of birds here... but robins are harder to find. Lots of colourful parrots where I live. And I have a regular visitor to my place from willy wagtails... some people think they're symbol of bad luck... but I reckon they are full of character and very cute.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gray Skies

We had rain really early this morning but that stopped and we just have gray skies. All of the snow has melted in my neck of the woods. I hope March comes in like a lion!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Got up to 73 degrees here today just before a storm came through. :fear:

·
Registered
298 Posts
We had snow early this morning...then sun...then clouds...then a freak hail storm

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
We had snow early this morning...then sun...then clouds...then a freak hail storm
the weather here is 36.5 and sunny.west east wind . yesterday we got about 5 inches of snow the sticky kind.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Wonderfully sunny and 70 degrees here :) Not a cloud in the sky!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just watching the late evening news and tomorrow we are going to make it to 70 degrees.:whoo:

·
Registered
298 Posts
breezeonby said:
I was just watching the late evening news and tomorrow we are going to make it to 70 degrees.:whoo:
Jealous!!! We are supposed to be dry tomorrow but around 50... We probably won't hit 70 until late spring/early summer

We do have azaleas and daffodils blooming.... Cherry and plum trees are starting too as well... I can't wait until next month when all the tulip fields are in bloom

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Jealous!!! We are supposed to be dry tomorrow but around 50... We probably won't hit 70 until late spring/early summer

We do have azaleas and daffodils blooming.... Cherry and plum trees are starting too as well... I can't wait until next month when all the tulip fields are in bloom
the weather here today is high of 10 veriable cloudiness rain later in the day. the low of 6.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Our weather is supposed to be 82 today. I already have my shorts out, now I just need to find my sandals. :whoo:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Our weather is supposed to be 82 today. I already have my shorts out, now I just need to find my sandals. :whoo:
Our humidity shot up to 75% last night & the temp went to 90° today. So I did what any practical-thinking hillbilly would do - turned on the a/c! Can't have my WASA crackers getting soggy! :rolleyes:

G

·
we're opposite here... it's our autumn (you call it Fall). Our longest hottest summer ever is finally over in the past week... we had some rain for a nice change. We're expecting more from tonight. So nice to have it a bit cooler too. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Shanny said:
Our humidity shot up to 75% last night & the temp went to 90° today. So I did what any practical-thinking hillbilly would do - turned on the a/c! Can't have my WASA crackers getting soggy! :rolleyes:
A family member posted on Facebook it was in the 90's today...crazy... I'd take sunshine and 70's right now... Hell I'd take sunshine and 50's at this point...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts