The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting married in a scant 72 days...
My dress has a corset back, and will be fairly tightly laced all day.
I will have bare arms, but a full length gown.
Here's my question:

Where can I inject my insulin? I've only ever done my belly, and my doctor never told me where else I can use! I really don't want to send my maid of honor up my dress with a needle to give me an injection!

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you use an insulin pen you could hide it in your garter like a Bond-girl villain ;)

Have you tried injecting into the back of your arms? Worth trying beforehand to increase your comfort level and to ensure there is no difference in the absorption rate between sites.

Congratulations! :)

http://www.bd.com/ca/diabetes/english/page.aspx?cat=14501&id=14761

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL I only have a pen for my Lantus. My Humalog is still in a vial with syringes. But the mental image of that will stick with me forever. :p

·
Registered
633 Posts
I would just do it right through the dress in my stomach. but thats just me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would just do it right through the dress in my stomach. but thats just me.
I don't mean this to be insulting, but I laughed so hard at this! It's a $1500 dress... and is very very white... something tells me I will not be doing this. :p

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
I don't mean this to be insulting, but I laughed so hard at this! It's a $1500 dress... and is very very white... something tells me I will not be doing this. :p
Hey, he's a guy ;) You're marrying one of those!

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
741 Posts
lol I always stick it through my clothes lol.....take a bandaid with you...inject where ever under your clothes and whack a bandaid over it :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I went to a wedding a few weeks ago for the second most beautiful bride I have ever seen (My wife was first of course) and this is what she did..

She bought a larger square band aid and placed it on her stomach before getting dressed. Then when she injected herself she did it through the dress and band aid. She said it prevented the dress from getting a blood stain or stain from any leakage. I will also admit I had to send her an e-mail to find out how she handled it because I did not notice anything on her stomach.

Second option is to give your new Husband his first duty when he goes for the Garter and give him the syringe to inject you!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
You know, this makes sense to me. I don't think it is so off the wall. And, I hate to say it but a wedding dress is only worn once. My smallest granddaughter is wearing mine and my daughter's burned up in a fire at the cleaners where she took it to be 'preserved' and the insurance paid for a lovely antique chest that she loves everyday. AND, the marriage failed anyway!

I wish you better luck,

·
Registered
633 Posts
You would be better off saving that $1500.00 and going to see the judge and wearing something comfortable. Weddings are like funerals. They are not for the ones participating they are for the loved ones.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
So True...

You would be better off saving that $1500.00 and going to see the judge and wearing something comfortable. Weddings are like funerals. They are not for the ones participating they are for the loved ones.
In long sided view I agree, but not for a bride. It is for so many a favorite day and long expected. But as the years have gone, I've realized it is expected of the couple and it takes a brave couple to realize that and act on it.

I know I only wanted a judge, but my family insisted on a wedding and it actually did a lot of harm. The process, I mean.

·
Registered
322 Posts
there are a lot of people that are jaded about marriage. many people could tell you sad stories about the difficulties of a bad marriage. There is nothing better than a good marriage. and i can speak to this through experience. Having lived through a very bad marriage, and an amazing marriage. What i found was that the bad marriage included a lot of selfishness on both of our parts. where my current marriage includes 2 main things. 1) God is the center of our marriage and family. Many people believe in child centered parenting, i believe this destroys more marriages and families. as the needs of the kids get put above all else others get marginalized and the parents grow distant. what kids need to see is parents who love each other, not parents who no longer take time to show each other they care. the second is 2) serve the others needs. if you follow the bible, or even if you dont it teaches that we should not seek to satisfy our own needs, but that we should take care of the needs of our spouse. if both spouses are doing this, the husband taking care of the wifes needs, and the wife taking care of the husband. then we can not become selfish. my energy is taking care of her, and hers is taking care of me. there becomes a synergy that occurs that is pure beauty. and that is what marriage is about. if you read the bible read Ephesians Chapter 5, some great things to learn about marriage.
A bad marriage sucks, i will pray that you never find this in your life and in this marriage. the beauty of a good marriage is better than words will ever discribe. I have been married to my wife for years now, and dread the times we are appart and cant wait till we are together . I am writing this post at 5:30am, my wife is singing at church today. I got up at 4:45 with her so that i could make her coffee, and breakfast before she has to leave, i wanted to make sure her needs are taken care of, and that she will never doubt that she is loved. :D

Reactions: Patdart
1 - 12 of 12 Posts