The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone weigh and measure their food or is it just me? I am not a good judge of food quantity. I weigh my meat and measure out my salad dressing to make sure that I am getting the right quantity. I also measure & weigh other foods as well. Since I am basing my insulin use on the amount of carbs in my meal, I want to be as accurate as possible.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Definitely did weigh & measure when I was eating more carbs. Now that I eat hardly any, I don't take the time.

Have been munching all day on cheese crisps - they're totally addicting and I love the seeds too - gonna add more seeds next batch. But I'm low on fluids, so better go find some coffee. I was up 'til 3am reading the new Time magazine & National Geographic, and then slept 'til nearly 1pm today! :sleep: Dang I hate when I do that!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Does anyone weigh and measure their food or is it just me? I am not a good judge of food quantity. I weigh my meat and measure out my salad dressing to make sure that I am getting the right quantity. I also measure & weigh other foods as well. Since I am basing my insulin use on the amount of carbs in my meal, I want to be as accurate as possible.
I weigh and measure most everything. The only time I dont if its something I eat very often and I have learned , for example, that 1/2 cup cheerios fits into this small custard dish. SO, in a way...heh I am still measuring it because I have to put it in that specific bowl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.