The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm down officially 35 pounds since mid Jan this year. I started my weight loss journey at 307 right before seeing the doctor for high sugar and this morning I was at 266. I've still got a long way to go but this is the least I've weighed since I was probably 18 (currently 32)

I've not had high sugar since I've started this weight loss with my wife outside of a 140 spike after eating some pizza but I'm learning how many slices I can have and still be ok.

I've also noticed more energy and I'm not eating rolaids for heartburn every day either.

Just wanted to share my success so far and encourage others that it can be done. It's a life style change not a diet.

·
Super Moderator
9,529 Posts
And it should keep getting better volfan. On the pizza, eating the topping and not the crust should be of some benefit at keeping the BG down after eating it. You can search the recipes section and find some darn good pizza crusts recipes.

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And it should keep getting better volfan. On the pizza, eating the topping and not the crust should be of some benefit at keeping the BG down after eating it. You can search the recipes section and find some darn good pizza crusts recipes.
Thanks for the idea. I always overdue it when it comes to pizza. Should have only ate two slices not four lol. Oh well a splurge every now and then may be ok.

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Thanks for the idea. I always overdue it when it comes to pizza. Should have only ate two slices not four lol. Oh well a splurge every now and then may be ok.
You could keep some already baked low-carb pizza crusts in the freezer, defrost and take them with you. Then transfer the toppings to your own crust, and you can have your four slices.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Nice job! It's really good that you are able to do this with your wife. Don't let her get discouraged when you have drastic results if she hits a stall. (You guys seem to have an easier time and faster results than most of us women.)

Is there any chance she is willing to share her experience with helping you? (Ideally something that I can use to give my boyfriend a kick in the pants?)

Reactions: Dodie37737
1 - 7 of 7 Posts