The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
If at all possible, do not change dosages without having a competent doctor to help.

All of us should keep in mind that our Diabetes cases are all different. What works well for one person may be the exact wrong thing to do for another. We may have the same levers to control Blood Sugar, but how they effect our body can be radically different.

Barely two weeks ago, my doc doubled the beta blocker that is to keep my blood pressure down. I wanted to argue that I was weak enough already. Thing is, I am now more awake and have more energy. I think because I had A-Fib that was more relieved when I took more Beta Blocker. I suspect the doc just wanted to reduce the blood pressure she saw at her office. But, it worked out for the best.

For those on Insulin, having a good blood sugar may not be the only criteria for how much insulin to inject. It is possible to have a great looking Blood Glucose level, for hours, but not have enough insulin to get sugar into cells.

That is why I muse on the goal of building more muscle, and that would control the other things. My Primary told me to see an Endo, again and wrote a referral.

Can't blame my primary doc, I am difficult to put up with, and I think I know enough to decide what I should do. Sigh. I have a referral to see a Diabetes Educator again. For those of you who have never gone through Diabetes Education. -- We Diabetics need to keep in mind whether the information being given is for a Type One or a Type Two Diabetic. Diabetes Educators usually have both in a class, and usually start by teaching towards a Type One (my opinion) while saying that they will point out difference to a Type Two. Diabetes Educators present so much information that the Type Twos think some of the advice is good for them. Type ones are told they can eat anything, just balance the dose of Insulin. Which is not always such good advice for them. Type twos are often better to just not eat - sugary, starchy things, even if we use Insulin. A friend on another forum wrote of a relative, whose diabetes education was clearly for a Type One, and ended his life by first going blind, then having different parts of his body amputated. And all those years, not having fun health. The one reliable thing was that when he ate the things he wanted, he would take a nice deep sleep.

I always have problems with Diabetes Educators, I keep telling them that chocolate is one of the basic food groups, and they insist it is not.

I get OP, it is not easy to find a trustworthy, knowledgeable doc.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts