The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the sleep doctor today and I have loss 27 pounds in 6 weeks. I stopped taking Actos about 6 weeks ago and I am on a water pill called Demadex (Torsemide). I also stopped taking an anti-depressant called Remeron. My appetite is not all that great, if I can get a full meal in once per day, then I feel lucky. Food just doesn't sound good. I might have a sugar free pudding for breakfast or dinner and some string cheese for a snack. It is not a healthy way to lose weight, but I will take any weight loss of any kind. My meal for today was at Bob Evans, I had an ham & cheese omelet and bacon and a small hotcake and a glass of orange juice. I had no snacks and had sugar free chocolate pudding for dinner, just to take my Metformin ER with.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Want me to scare up a pair of suspenders for ya? :D That's a big headstart on the plan you made before the pneumonia moved in. You & Eric, and not wanting to eat! My goodness! ((((Breeze))))

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Why did i have a feeling that i would be mentioned? :) lol

and Breezy, i totally understand what you mean about not wanting to eat. food just doesnt do anything for me anymore. so strange as it used to rule my life

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why did i have a feeling that i would be mentioned? :) lol

and Breezy, i totally understand what you mean about not wanting to eat. food just doesnt do anything for me anymore. so strange as it used to rule my life
Eric, it is so strange to not want to eat! You have to be there to understand it.

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More Weight Loss

I have lost an additional 10 pounds. Being in the hospital and being sick surely helps me out. I am no where close to a goal weight but my clothes sure fit better! I have lost 37 pounds since 10/21/10. I have to say that I was carrying around alot of fluid and being off Actos has been a blessing. I put on a pair of blue jeans yesterday and they fell right down. Had to go hunting for a different size. :D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I have lost an additional 10 pounds. Being in the hospital and being sick surely helps me out. I am no where close to a goal weight but my clothes sure fit better! I have lost 37 pounds since 10/21/10. I have to say that I was carrying around alot of fluid and being off Actos has been a blessing. I put on a pair of blue jeans yesterday and they fell right down. Had to go hunting for a different size. :D
That must have been a shock! And pretty funny too . . . (giggle ;)) Better ask Santa for a pair of suspenders!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That must have been a shock! And pretty funny too . . . (giggle ;)) Better ask Santa for a pair of suspenders!
I guess I need a pair of suspenders! LOL

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I had to go shopping for some new clothes as I have lost about 20 LBS since I was diagnosed. It felt so weird to not be shopping in the big and tall section! I will take it though. I am about 65 LBS lighter than I was at this time last year and I see no reason to ever go back. ;)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to go shopping for some new clothes as I have lost about 20 LBS since I was diagnosed. It felt so weird to not be shopping in the big and tall section! I will take it though. I am about 65 LBS lighter than I was at this time last year and I see no reason to ever go back. ;)
Enjoy shopping in the regular dept. and HAVE FUN!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Enjoy shopping in the regular dept. and HAVE FUN!
Thanks! I will. The problem is that I'm a tall guy and they don't have a lot of stuff around for tall and regular.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I will. The problem is that I'm a tall guy and they don't have a lot of stuff around for tall and regular.
I shop online all of the time. You should be able to find several websites for TALL & REGULAR and you don't have to settle for anything less than what you want. I am short, 5'3" and most of my pajamas pants have to be rolled up......I have to settle but I am able to shop online until my eyeballs are ready to pop out of my head! :D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Extra tall is almost a worse shopping chore than big/tall, at least for our extra tall kids who are really lean too . . . sleeves & shirttails are never long enough. One of them is 46" inseam & 47" sleeve . . . impossible! :faint2: (and no, he's doesn't drag his knuckles!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts